Anyone know about Nintendo switch lites??

What's Hot
Have two boys wanting these for Xmas. With everyone chipping in, it’s doable. Just. But, if they want to play a two player, say mario cart, do I need two games? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep will need a game each..

One option is to buy a standard switch hook it up tv and play multiplayer. But then when its 1 player game time there will be arguements
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Yep will need a game each..

One option is to buy a standard switch hook it up tv and play multiplayer. But then when its 1 player game time there will be arguements
    What better way to learn to share.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
    edited December 2019
    Many thanks @strumjoughlamps ;

Does Nintendo have a online subscription like PlayStation Now? 

They’re using some crappy old Nintendo DS we got them second hand. They have to share everything in their little lives for the last 8 years, really wanted to spoil them this year and let them have their own things. 
    brucegill said:

They’re using some crappy old Nintendo DS we got them second hand. They have to share everything in their little lives for the last 8 years, really wanted to spoil them this year and let them have their own things. 
    Yes they do, you can get a family membership instead of individual ones too which is cheaper.
  • brucegill said:

Yes they do, you can get a family membership instead of individual ones too which is cheaper.
    Great! many thanks! `I feel so bloody old. I can't even work the PS4 out lol. Bring back a ps2 with TOCA please.
    brucegill said:
    brucegill said:

Great! many thanks! `I feel so bloody old. I can't even work the PS4 out lol. Bring back a ps2 with TOCA please.
    WIth Nintendo Online you get access to lots of older games which YOU Might end up playing more on!
  • Thinking about this, it might be possible to get MK online, have both Switch Lites downalod it via the profile that owns the game, then have one sign into a different profile to play. I’m not sure if that works or not, but probably worth googling. 

If buying on cartridge then yes you’ll definitely need 2 copies.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Thank you!
  • Thinking about this, it might be possible to get MK online, have both Switch Lites downalod it via the profile that owns the game, then have one sign into a different profile to play. I’m not sure if that works or not, but probably worth googling. 

If buying on cartridge then yes you’ll definitely need 2 copies.
    Looks like that works for one person to play at a time, but apparently doesn’t let you play at the same time
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    Game do hard shell covers for the switch lites for £5 or £6 quid, my suggestion is get them one of them each as well!
  • munckee said:
    Game do hard shell covers for the switch lites for £5 or £6 quid, my suggestion is get them one of them each as well!
    Many thanks! Not thought of that
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    If you do get them, consider taking them out of the box and putting them online/setting them up early. I don't have first hand experience, but I've seen stories of people sat with consoles they couldn't use while they tried to download updates form overloaded servers. Not sure if it's a genuinr risk these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks. Yes, our internet is shite so will get that sorted and fully charged. Thanks!

Finally managed to set them up with email accounts too as I’m assuming they’ll need these to create Nintendo accounts etc. then i I need to set them up with PS4 accounts so they stop using my account. Agggg. Nothing is easy.