Andy Fairweatherlow

ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
He is a bit under rated following his 60s career with Amen corner a a few solo albums in the 70s. But he is a highly regarded guitarist by guitarists. Let's put it this way, he was Eric's sidekick for years and is the second d guitarist on that major MTV Eric unplugged session.
Anyway this week I had the pleasure off seing him live and if you get the chance do it. He's 71 now so there may not be many more chances.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have seen him in action with Eric on a few occasions.
    Great guitarist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I was roadieing on stage at Hyde park when Clapton was in ful from the cradle and working behind the bar at the 100 club that same week when fairweather played an incredible night with guest harmonica from Jerry portnoy as he was still in the uk. Easily one of my top 20 gigs. 
  • And Satch had him as a guest musician on his 1995 Album.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • When I was a nipper he was constantly on the radio with wide eyed and legless
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2019
    ESBlonde said:
    He is a bit under rated following his 60s career with Amen corner a a few solo albums in the 70s. But he is a highly regarded guitarist by guitarists. Let's put it this way, he was Eric's sidekick for years and is the second d guitarist on that major MTV Eric unplugged session.
    Anyway this week I had the pleasure off seing him live and if you get the chance do it. He's 71 now so there may not be many more chances.

Underrated? No chance. He was Roger Waters' guitar player for many years playing on albums and touring. He toured and recorded with Clapton, it was in George Harrison's band for a while, was/still is the guitar player in Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, he played on two Who albums, played on the Joe Satriani album, played in Linda Ronstadt's band touring the world, he's in Steve Gadd's band the Gaddabouts - they have recorded two albums and toured as well as his own band.

That's one hell of a CV .. :-)

Top guitar player and a nice guy.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4912
    When I was a nipper he was constantly on the radio with wide eyed and legless
    That was one fabulous album.

Wonder what I did with it?

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Superb guitarist . . . he's played with the very best and he's respected by everyone . . top bloke
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Went to my school for a while, before me I hasten to add.