TC Electronic Nether Octaver: Opinions?

daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681
I’m thinking about getting one but wondered if anyone else had any experience of them
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    I had one when they first came out but went back to my boss oc-3 pretty quick. 

I think they're modelled on the boss oc-2 iirc. 

Was ok, bit glitchy/didnt track fully accurately on some notes. I think the oc-2 was too, so they've copied the oldskool nature of it. 

Oc-3 still does it too just to a lesser extent in my experience. When the nether glitched it sometimes sounded too boomy/farty and I didnt like it. 

Could have been my rig I guess. True bypass is nice which is the reason I tried it, I find the boss oc-3 adds noise floor if placed before the fx loop/into high gain. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681
    I’m into the retro thing, looking for a Jack White/Rival Sons/Wolfmother kind of thing for this rig so glitching is absolutely fine. I have a TC Sub n Up which is great but possibly a bit too good.

i read the Nether is a clone of the OC2, and is in itself is a quality upgrade of a Behringer pedal.
  • Nether is a shit name, coz it just makes me think of nether regions, which in turn makes me think of Swansea.

That's bad.

Bye!