Hoard ‘em or flog ‘em?

What's Hot
I’ve always been a bit of a hoarder when it comes to gear, especially when it comes to pedals. Having had a massive clearout earlier this year I have tried to stop accumulating and whenever I buy something it has a specific purpose and whatever it is replacing goes straight on the market. This sometimes feels a bit edgy but I haven’t regretted anything... yet. 

It’s resulted in my putting my beloved Analog Alien Joe Walsh pedal on the market but the Duellist is a bit good! 

I suppose it’s a bit like watches. If you have a watch, you know what time it is. If you have two, you’re never quite sure... 

I’ve eliminated the air of doubt, I’m not trying to second guess myself all the time. 

No doubt the time will come when I wish I still had something that’s gone but I’m convinced this is the way to go. (Mini pedals excepted - they are designed for collecting surely?) 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You're a brave man. We probably all know you're right, but don't dare find out for ourselves...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    I'm midway between hoarder and seller. I have duplicates of over drives and delays. I'll sell one when I don't use it for years. Other stuff I'll keep. I own one compressor and barely use it,
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5157
    I’m brutal..... I don’t keep anything and always travel lightly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't have valuable stuff sitting around unused, it gets converted into cash asap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flog em and buy something you really love/want
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Stuff that is worth anything, if I don’t use it for a few months it goes. I have a lot of things I’ve built, though, that I should punt, but since they aren’t worth anything, I tend to keep and cannibalise for the enclosure or whatever, or ebay occasionally.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I culled a lot of guitars because they didn’t get used. I sat down and looked at them and asked myself if I had played any of them over the past couple of months and those that I hadn’t went on the chopping board. I made up for it by getting into Randall Modular stuff, so I’m a bit of a hopeless case tbh ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom