General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2384
    I've got next week off, so as well as recording some choons, I've pre-ordered Ghost of Tsunsumsiusiimsimsimisha on PS4. Should keep me busy.

Was interested in Paper Mario as well, but I'll wait for a sale I think!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got Slay the Spire

HIGHLY recommended. It's a card game meets rogue-like. Super fun, super repayable and endlessly fun. The music is good, the graphics are pretty and it takes up hardly any hard drive space :D 

I have it on Ps4. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    For some reason i levelled a new character in diablo 3 a couple of weeks ago. Seems much easier than i remember, I wonder if they have reduced the difficulty a bit post-launch. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • westfordwestford Frets: 578
    Enjoying Days Gone at the moment 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited July 2020
    Chuffed. Just picked up Contra Anniversary Collection on Switch from the nintendo eshop for £4. I'd pay that for Contra III alone, but it also has the Gamboy version I never finished and the original arcade game I loved. Sadly not named Gryzor here, but you can't have everything

Have also started Yakuza 0 - never played a Yakuza game before and thought it'd be more like GTA except in Japanese. It reminds me more of Shenmue tbh and I really quite like it

EDIT: them old games were blooming difficult!
    All practice and no theory
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    What’s the Switch like as a family platform like the Wii was?
  • What’s the Switch like as a family platform like the Wii was?
    Well this week would have been our holiday so we’ve tried to do fun stuff, with being in lockdown Leicester it’s been at home stuff apart from golf.

spent many hours this week on Mario and Sonic 2020, Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party amongst others. I would say the Switch is better than the Wii and Wii U was because the motion controls are so much better.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
    I don’t have kids but we’ve had at least as much fun with Mario Kart and couch coop on Overcooked as we ever did on the Wii.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    I’ll have to have a look at the games.
    Family enjoy the old Wii sports and sports resort stuff. The bowling, frisbee, golf sort of stuff. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    Finished the RE2 remake with both characters. Good fun and definitely recommended. I never played the original so I don't know how it compares overall. Definitely a bit less scary the second go through as you know the basic layout and broadly what jumps/panics to expect when but overall very enjoyable. 

Now going back to Horizon:ZD again as the DLC is only 4 quid and meant to be excellent.

Ghost of Tsushima and the new Paper Mario are both out tomorrow and reviewing well, so will likely try one of those next. 

I really want to play The Last of Us 2 as well but wondering if it's a bit misery-fest for the current circumstances, and I'm assuming it'll be upgraded/upscaled or whatever on PS5 so no hurry.
    I’ve just finished RE2 and RE3 - 2 is definitely the better one with 3 being almost an add on to 2!! (and criminally short for the price)

cant wait for the next RE remake.

Anything else similar anybody knows of that I can play?

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2384
    welshboyo said:
    Finished the RE2 remake with both characters. Good fun and definitely recommended. I never played the original so I don't know how it compares overall. Definitely a bit less scary the second go through as you know the basic layout and broadly what jumps/panics to expect when but overall very enjoyable. 

Now going back to Horizon:ZD again as the DLC is only 4 quid and meant to be excellent.

Ghost of Tsushima and the new Paper Mario are both out tomorrow and reviewing well, so will likely try one of those next. 

I really want to play The Last of Us 2 as well but wondering if it's a bit misery-fest for the current circumstances, and I'm assuming it'll be upgraded/upscaled or whatever on PS5 so no hurry.
    I’ve just finished RE2 and RE3 - 2 is definitely the better one with 3 being almost an add on to 2!! (and criminally short for the price)

I’m going back through the Dead Space trilogy - highly recommended. 
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431

I love RE2 Remake, I played the original when it came out and the remake definitely holds up to the original.  The RE3 remake?  Not so much...

I finished TLOU 2 about two weeks ago now, the pro's are that the character depth is superb and the visuals are breathtaking.  The combat is fluid and the storyline is good.

The bad is that is a long game and by the end it kind of feels like a bit like running a marathon tbh.  I think I spent like six hour sessions each time I played and it took me like six sessions?  It is a great game but it does take a real dedication of time to finish it.

I seriously want to play Ghost of Tsushima but considering I have a gajillion games to finish buying another one right now feels a little bit silly.  I've started playing No Man's Sky again because of the new update but not sure I'll end up sticking to it.
  • welshboyo said:

HIGHLY recommended silent hill 2 - it's really the best of the genre, though less action than RE. I think it's available on pc... Not sure about ps4 etc. 

RE2 really was fantastic though. I have looked into the development of RE3 and I'm not surprised it's much shorter - it sounds like it was a rushed production. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2427
    Just played through Superhot on Switch over the past couple of days, really enjoyed it, most original FPS I'd played in a long time
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    strtdv said:
    Just played through Superhot on Switch over the past couple of days, really enjoyed it, most original FPS I'd played in a long time

I was thinking about getting that. 

Is it alright for people like me who are crap at games?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
    strtdv said:

I was thinking about getting that. 

Is it alright for people like me who are crap at games?
    Yeah, it's great. The polar opposite of a twitch shooter. Literally, the slower you move the slower the game goes. It's really really good.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • strtdv said:
    I liked Superhot then I got Superhot VR which is on several other levels. I now call non VR Superhot, Supertepid. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I downloaded Far Cry 5 from the x box store as it was a bargain (£9 for the Gold Edition) and I’m loving it. First of the Far Cry games I’ve played. Bought Far Cry 3 also as it was only £2.50. Haven’t played that yet but 5 looks like it will keep me amused for at least a couple of months.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda..  I'm a huge ME fan, loved 1-3.. this one got a lot of negativity when it came out, and due to having no time I decided to wait.. picked it up for a fiver in a sale recently.

So far so good! :)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    LuttiS said:
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda..  I'm a huge ME fan, loved 1-3.. this one got a lot of negativity when it came out, and due to having no time I decided to wait.. picked it up for a fiver in a sale recently.

So far so good! :)
    Interested in hearing how you find this; loved ME1-3 (apart from the ending), but after the slaughtering this got on release, I skipped it. Got the EA Access pass, so I can download it for free, but gaming time is rare these days...