BF-V....I just like it
    Just started it. :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    So no one has tried Outer Wilds?
  • brooom said:
    I have, I’m a few hours in now - if you like Fallout and/or Borderlands then you’ll love it, otherwise move along!

I can see it becoming a little repetitive in similar ways to its (obvious) inspiration, but it’s not enough to put me off at all yet. The gameplay is engaging, and the environments are nicely made too, definitely worth a go based on what I’ve seen so far :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Awesome, thanks for the quick review. I do like that style of game.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    brooom said:
    I have, I’m a few hours in now - if you like Fallout and/or Borderlands then you’ll love it, otherwise move along!

I can see it becoming a little repetitive in similar ways to its (obvious) inspiration, but it’s not enough to put me off at all yet. The gameplay is engaging, and the environments are nicely made too, definitely worth a go based on what I’ve seen so far :)
    Is this Outer Wilds or Outer Worlds? Easily confused!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited December 2019
    Bidley said:
    brooom said:

I can see it becoming a little repetitive in similar ways to its (obvious) inspiration, but it’s not enough to put me off at all yet. The gameplay is engaging, and the environments are nicely made too, definitely worth a go based on what I’ve seen so far
    Is this Outer Wilds or Outer Worlds? Easily confused!
    Oops - Outer Worlds! I didn't even notice the difference! What's Outer Wilds then?

*edit* Google has revealed its secrets to me - looks neat
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Wilds
  • I'm still on Luigi's Mansion 3. Hopefully can finish that over xmas.

I need to finish Link's Awakening as well - I got 70% through and stopped because I didn't want it to end, which I do with a lot of games. I'm not sure what that says about me, but I'm not sure I like it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Final Fantasy 8 on the PSP at the mo - I always used to grind like a mad thing and so never finished it, only lately came to realise the trick is to keep levels low and junction magic refined from carding

Also God Of War on PS4, with Spider-Man and Witcher 3 GOTY in the pipeline
    All practice and no theory
    @guitargeek62 - I meant outer wilds, where the guys is in space stuck in a loop.
  • Everybody's Golf World Tour ps3 for me, decided to delete my save and start again, love the game.

Also I must try to finish Fez at some point.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    spark240 said:
    BF-V....I just like it
    Just started it. :D
    Im on Xbox - look up Keeponplucking 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:
    trying to get into DARK SOULS but i am struggling a little bit to fully enjoy it. it feels so old fashioned. 

It's funny you say that cos I now struggle to enjoy games that aren't Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro .. I give up on pretty much everything else now and go back to play the Souls games yet again. 
    i got up to the second castle section in Sekiro before i put it down for a while and haven't gone back. bloody love it. just beat gaping dragon in DS, was a wuss compared to capra demon in his tiny little deathbox!
    Gaping dragon is one of the easiest bosses in Dark Souls especially after, as you mention, you've managed to best Capra.

Hope you're playing the remaster. The next area doesn't perform well on the original version.
  • brooom said:
    @guitargeek62 - I meant outer wilds, where the guys is in space stuck in a loop.
    Ah, apologies!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    spark240 said:
    BF-V....I just like it
    Just started it. D
    Same. My mate at work coaxed me into getting a PS4 so we could play online – it's really good, and looks incredible. 

I'm also on with:

Switch – Pokémon Sword. First one I've played since the original and surprisingly enjoyable.
    GameCube – Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. By God it's hard. I dread to think how long it'll take me to get through Chaos Theory.

I've also just finished XIII for the GameCube. I remember having a go in my youth but never completed it. Well I have to say it's up there with one of the best games I've ever played. The gameplay, storyline and the way it looks is superb – it's criminally underrated. For those who haven't played it, a faithful remake is due out at some point soon. Really, you owe it to yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQwxuVFzgbI
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26977
    I got Outer Worlds (not Wilds) for xmas, as well as the Resi Evil 2 remake. Have been enjoying OW but not played RE2 yet. 

Also really liking Titanfall 2 from this batch of PS Plus freebies. I've been out of the FPS thing for a few years but the campaign is refreshingly much better than I'd expected. 

I also grabbed Doom in the PSN sale, but that will wait till I'm done with Titanfall 
  • I tend to only play one game at a time, for a long time. It was Elite: Dangerous, until Frontier Developments ruined it. Fortunately, the wife recognised this, and bought me a PS4, a steering wheel/pedal controller and Gran Turismo Sport.

I'm suddenly discovering an even more serious shortage of spare time.
    <space for hire>
  • Rainbow six siege is literally the only game I play. Still the most tactical FPS on PS4.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Mostly playing MK8 Deluxe on the Switch as that's what the kids got for Christmas.

Anyone played BaBa is you?

Super devious puzzle game. Haunts your dreams.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26977
    Mostly playing MK8 Deluxe on the Switch as that's what the kids got for Christmas.

Anyone played BaBa is you?

Super devious puzzle game. Haunts your dreams.
    I’ve seen plenty written about it but not sure I can get my head around it after a day of brain-thinking at work. Is it simple enough my tired head might have a chance?
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    With me it's the Warhammer: Total War games and has been for over a year now. I even sold my Xbox One, because I was barely ever switching it on once I'd finished Red Dead Redemption 2.