General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Had a go at tomb raider

That was poor. QuickTime events in a tomb raider game? *shudder* 

Want doom eternal but probably needs playing on pc, and mine would do HD at 60fps probably, but my mouse and keyboard aren't the best. Not sure what console version is like, but it looks like it would benefit from keyboard and mouse... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Doom Eternal is insane. Its pretty much perfect. 
    I never finished doom 2016 so im playing thorugh thgat now with my sights set on eternal :)

plus more mick gordon soundtrack right?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Just replaying Portal 2. Damn, what a game.

I've got a bunch of other stuff in my Steam library but I'm also working my way through unwatched movies in my Plex library as well.
    Me and a friend dusted portal 2 out recently to finally do the coop levels. Silly amounts of fun :)
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    edited March 2020
    2020: the year of coronavirus and sim racing for me. 

I bought a wheel a few years ago and didn't really take to it. Three years on and several hundred Youtube videos later, I made the move and bought a TMX Pro for £150. It took a bit of working around to fit it into my gaming space but in it went and I paid up for a three-month subscription to iRacing. 

I'm addicted. I've never had a driving lesson in real life so having to learn how to heel and toe and all the rest is challenging. Weight transfer around corners, not getting too lairy with the throttle on cold tyres, coping with cars with no ABS... shit me, it's so fun. 

The freaky thing is playing now with global motorsport cancelled like so many other sports. Racing against professional racing drivers is such a blast. It's amusing seeing some of the live streams where people have top notch wheels and gear and there's me with a wheel mounted on the edge of the desk as I'm sat on the edge of the bed trying not to mash the pedals too much as I haven't mounted them yet and they can slide a bit... 

iRacing is great, Raceroom's really good as an intro game, and I really do have to get Assetto Corsa Competizione if just to go around Bathurst. 

• 2020: the year of coronavirus and sim racing for me. 

I bought a wheel a few years ago and didn't really take to it. Three years on and several hundred Youtube videos later, I made the move and bought a TMX Pro for £150. It took a bit of working around to fit it into my gaming space but in it went and I paid up for a three-month subscription to iRacing. 

I'm addicted. I've never had a driving lesson in real life so having to learn how to heel and toe and all the rest is challenging. Weight transfer around corners, not getting too lairy with the throttle on cold tyres, coping with cars with no ABS... shit me, it's so fun. 

The freaky thing is playing now with global motorsport cancelled like so many other sports. Racing against professional racing drivers is such a blast. It's amusing seeing some of the live streams where people have top notch wheels and gear and there's me with a wheel mounted on the edge of the desk as I'm sat on the edge of the bed trying not to mash the pedals too much as I haven't mounted them yet and they can slide a bit... 

iRacing is great, Raceroom's really good as an intro game, and I really do have to get Assetto Corsa Competizione if just to go around Bathurst. 

Ooooh, great minds!

The only games I've ever really gotten into when I was younger are racing sims, but haven't played any for years. This current lockdown, plus the fact that I've just got divorced and now have a house all to myself for the first time in 12 years, means I've taken the plunge to get back into it.

I have a 2nd hand Logitech G29 in the post on its way to me, along with a used copy of Project Cars 2 for the PS4 that I snagged for £6. Can't wait to get stuck in!

I went through a phase of being massively into GTR and GT Legends on the PC about 10-15 years ago. I was never much good at it compared to some of the guys who compete online, so I have no illusions that I'll be anything other shite this time round too, but I don't care!

Anyone else played Project Cars 2? Any handy hints?

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    Had a go at tomb raider

That was poor. QuickTime events in a tomb raider game? *shudder* 
    It's quite different from the early ones but worth persevering with. I really liked the new format, and the sequels have been great too. :)
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111

Ooooh, great minds!

The only games I've ever really gotten into when I was younger are racing sims, but haven't played any for years. This current lockdown, plus the fact that I've just got divorced and now have a house all to myself for the first time in 12 years, means I've taken the plunge to get back into it.

I have a 2nd hand Logitech G29 in the post on its way to me, along with a used copy of Project Cars 2 for the PS4 that I snagged for £6. Can't wait to get stuck in!

I went through a phase of being massively into GTR and GT Legends on the PC about 10-15 years ago. I was never much good at it compared to some of the guys who compete online, so I have no illusions that I'll be anything other shite this time round too, but I don't care!

PC2 is alright. Some of the cars drive really well, some of them are very meh. Found it very hard with a controller on the 360, far better with a wheel on the PC. 

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    GTA Online and IOM TT - everything else can FO.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Finished Unchartered 4 and started on The Last of Us, feel a bit like I've played them in the wrong order as the gameplay on Unchartered 4 is miles ahead but both are really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844

Ooooh, great minds!

PC2 is alright. Some of the cars drive really well, some of them are very meh. Found it very hard with a controller on the 360, far better with a wheel on the PC. 

With vr and a wheel it's amazing, you can get the vr version at no extra cost n all
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Doom Eternal is insane. Its pretty much perfect. 
    I never finished doom 2016 so im playing thorugh thgat now with my sights set on eternal :)

plus more mick gordon soundtrack right?
    Doom 2016 was one of the most mental gaming experiences I've ever had. Fond memories.

I'm currently on with Eternal and it's just as brutal and chaotic. It's arguably more challenging as you have to be a bit more strategic with your ammo and the way in which you kill demons. Ignore the reviews which state it's too hard. It's demanding, yes, but I think that's the point. Seriously, when you complete a section/level, it's soooo satisfying.

Mick Gordon soundtrack, but perhaps not as aggressive as the last one.

All in all, a superbly executed game and perfect after a stressful day at the office. I love it. 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    With me I'm pretty much only playing Warhammer II: Total War these days (other than the odd sprint through Plague Inc.). Anyone who fancies a co-op/head-to-head campaign with/against my Skaven lads, hit me up.
    With me I'm pretty much only playing Warhammer II: Total War these days (other than the odd sprint through Plague Inc.). Anyone who fancies a co-op/head-to-head campaign with/against my Skaven lads, hit me up.
    I never really managed to get into the total war games despite being a big warhammer fan. Cant remember if i have warhammer I or II either. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    I never really managed to get into the total war games despite being a big warhammer fan. Cant remember if i have warhammer I or II either. 

The first one was a little odd and atypical of Total War games, in that there were always large portions of the map that certain factions could not actually inhabit, so they just had to ruin them and take attrition instead. The second game works a lot better, thanks to a new climate system and if you have both games then you can play Mortal Empires, which combines both maps and all the races (so far Empire, Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Norsca, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings).
    I think its more the mechanics didnt feel very warhemmery...i also have shogun total war and never really like that either..maybe i jsut didnt give it enough time though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Still on Fallout 4 trying to finally do the DLC.  Automatron and a decent amount of Far Harbour done so far.  Took a break from questing today to go bobblehead hunting.  Got about 2/3rds of them now.

Had a sudden urge to start a magic only run in Skyrim tonight so that's what I've spent the last couple of hours doing.  Finding it quite easy so far.  For the early game at least I think magic might be a bit OP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited March 2020
    I finally finished Skyrim yesterday for the first time, and by finished I just mean the main Alduin quest - still have loads of other stuff to do! 

*edit*

SWITCH USERS: Does anyone fancy trading some games? I've got Zelda BOTW, Pokemon Go, and Skyrim up for grabs, would like a stab at Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion, or the new Zelda one.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    I have played Skyrim loads of times. Never finished it :D 

Currently playing Gris on Switch. It's wonderful in a melancholy sort of way. I absolutely love the Switch for indie stuff. Might have to try Skyrim again...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    RedRabbit said:
    Had a sudden urge to start a magic only run in Skyrim tonight so that's what I've spent the last couple of hours doing.  Finding it quite easy so far.  For the early game at least I think magic might be a bit OP.
    Sunk over 140 hours into Skyrim on the Xbox 360 (Two-handed weapons, smooth-talking archer) and still have a desire to pick up the enhanced version of the PS4 and start the whole thing over again. The music is incredible in this game and the quest where you get hammered and wake up on the other side of the map was one of my favourite gaming moments!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    If anyone has a switch and wants a great puzzle game I can recommend "Baba is you"

It's a real brain melter.