Help with a part

tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
Hi all
I'm on an old U2 love in at the moment and I’m trying to play ‘An Cat Dubh’ from the Boy Album... For the life of me I can’t nail the 3 notes at the 5 second mark... Any help greatly appreciated... whatever I play doesn’t sound right... :s

https://youtu.be/6_ZZ978phF0
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I thinks he’s tuned to E flat...... stand by yer beds
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited December 2019
    The song’s in Db; the notes are Eb, Bb, A.

xxx300 if you’ve detuned by a semitone, plucked from 1st string to 3rd. 

I think it’s difficult because they’re not in tune - is he playing through a Keeley Caverns or something?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited December 2019
    Thanks @viz I was playing it in Standard tuning and realised it was in E flat then it sounded good... it’s from the first U2 Album ‘Boy’ early 80’s so it’s probably his DMM 
    Ah, I see!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    @viz my ear is absolutely useless  :s
    edited December 2019
    Just play and listen to more music, actively and it will come! We’re all on the same journey.