Play along instrumental sheet music

clarky94clarky94 Frets: 6
edited December 2019 in Making Music
I am new to guitar playing - been playing for about 2 year but want to play along to some songs for example "listen to the sound  of the falling rain" i want to substitute the words and make it a instrumental i can play along to, all the tabs i can find on line is the chords but i want to play individual notes is there method for doing this or is the a good online source of the answers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    It's not easy at first but the best way is to try and work it out by ear and just finding the notes on the fretboard. You can get software these days that allows you to slow things down but still stay in tune, and also loop a short phrase. As with all things it gets easier over time. 
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    I am not quite sure from your OP whether you are looking for the sheet music or backing tracks (the song without the vocal part) so that youi can play along. If the former, then perhaps this (allowing for it being a different title than the one you are looking for but it shows what a lead sheet contains). If the latter, maybe karaoke versions would be suitable, eg. this versus the original recording, here.
  • Whistler said:
    I am not quite sure from your OP whether you are looking for the sheet music or backing tracks (the song without the vocal part) so that youi can play along. If the former, then perhaps this (allowing for it being a different title than the one you are looking for but it shows what a lead sheet contains). If the latter, maybe karaoke versions would be suitable, eg. this versus the original recording, here.
    Hi  

Sorry for the confusion - i can find the Karaoke backing tracks but i can't find is sheet music that would replace what the singer is singing with a suitable guitar lead accompaniment 
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    So  you don't want a lead sheet, that is, the song's melody nor the chordal accompaniment? What are you wanting to do? Play a solo over the chords instead of the melody? It is no short cut but I would learn to play the melody and then start to add your own improvised touches to either embellish or replace the melody.
  • He wants to play the vocal melody . Some piano vocal guitar books do it in notation but I never see it in tab . One exception some guitar pro or songster files have vocal melody tabbed and played by a piano,sax etc . Like said here some simple songs like xmas carols,tv themes etc are good to work out on your own at first . Good luck