Cover Challenge #8 - Voting

flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
edited December 2019 in Making Music
This is the voting thread for the Cover Challenge #8

All the entries can be found in the playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-no8-crazy

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below. 

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Saturday 28th December.
In the event of a tie for first place one of the modmins will be our head judge and have the casting vote. 

The entry with the most points gets to pick the next song to be covered. 

ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE HAVE YOUR IDEAS READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE. YOU WILL HAVE ONLY 48HRS AFTER VOTING CLOSES TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR SONG CHOICE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THEN I'LL END UP CHOOSING IT FOR YOU! 

Good luck 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's only one entry in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
  • Weird. That link brings up the full playlist on both my laptop and my phone
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited December 2019
    Weird. That link brings up the full playlist on both my laptop and my phone

Sorry. It looks OK now. Probably a problem at my end.

It's not a competition.
  • Weird. That link brings up the full playlist on both my laptop and my phone

Sorry. It looks OK now. Probably a problem at my end.

I think I edited the link just as you typed your post
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 584
    Voting time … this gets harder every time.  The more of these we do, the more you know each others styles so instantly there's a recognition / familiarity which means, genuinely I enjoyed every one of these tracks again.  So someone has to get null points and I don't like that!

However, one track really hit the mood of what I needed to hear today and that pushed it to top of the pile.  And I think he might fall of his chair … 

5 points - @stratman3142 : Just landed perfectly for me.  The mood of the whole piece works and you've captured the acoustics really nicely.

From here it was hard … there was literally nothing in it other than "what I'm in the mood for today" and tomorrow it could easily have been different. So ..

3 points - @IMC1980 : Is that' GnR thing man, it gets me.  If they still sounded like this I might actually go and see them … and risk missing all transport home.

1 point - @flying_pie : I mean, it's in German, it's heavy as all hell. If that doesn't tick the boxes of "what Bezz likes" nothing will.

@poopot … sorry man, I love Uncle, I always will and this was great. Think that's the most rock solo in a Slippy track to date!  It was such a tight race then at the last minute in pops Pie with his Deuteche Beast!
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    So I have been a bit torn between two for the top spot, very close indeed. As of something past seven on Monday night my votes go to:

5 points @Bezzer - great version of the track; heavy, epic and complex. The timing shift in the chorus was very pleasing and you could tell how much effort has gone into those layers. Guitars sounded like a wall of doom, which really worked. Great job!

3 points @stratman3142 - almost had the top spot; I actually listened to yours and Bezzer's tracks in my car on the way back from work a fair bit. The arrangement and rhythm of this was guaranteed to get me grooving in my seat.

1 point @flying_pie - As inventive as always, if I had longer with it, it may have scored higher. Your production in the track was very polished, real nice clarity in the mix.

Shout out for the guitar solo chops as well for Uncle @poopot, alway filthy  ;)
  • 5 points @Bezzer : Epic, dark and dramatic. Very imaginative. Great balance this time between originally without losing reference to the original.

3 points @IMC1980 : Another excellent rock interpretation. Great vocals. Look out for if GN'R need a new lead singer.

Very difficuly choice between the other two. On balance (for originality) I'll go for:

1 point @flying_pie: It certainly was 'Crazy', but well executed.

Loved the guitar sounds/playing on the entry by @poopot

It's not a competition.
  • Great job all round again and very little to choose between all of them. I'm afraid I can't give any points to @poopot because I contributed vocals. It's criminal that it's a null pointer 

5 points @stratman3142 for an outstanding job. By far your best cover

3 points @IMC1980 for another rock your socks off number with the high quality we've come to expect

1 point @Bezzer for a fantastically dark take
  • Voting closed