The Guitar Show 29th Feb & 1st March 2020, New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    Is there a slight reduction in price if you want to visit both days?
    Apologies if ive missed the info on the website.

Adam
    Kalimna said:
    Is there a slight reduction in price if you want to visit both days?
    Apologies if ive missed the info on the website.

Adam
    Just buy a Saturday ticket and then pick up a come back tomorrow for a fiver flyer
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Thanks Jason.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll be there representing FGN Guitars, as well as Recording King and Dowina. See you there! 
  • Great show last year.It's worth going this year for ATB guitars alone. 
    Would there be any merit in having the TheFretboard stand as a 'come and bring things youve made at home' area? A bit short notice, but id love to bring a couple of things ive made, and to see what other non-professional builders are doing.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Kalimna said:
    Would there be any merit in having the TheFretboard stand as a 'come and bring things youve made at home' area? A bit short notice, but id love to bring a couple of things ive made, and to see what other non-professional builders are doing.
    It that guitar based items, or can we bring home baking attempts as well ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To be fair, i was thinking guitars. But i could bring buns too!
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Kalimna said:
    It that guitar based items, or can we bring home baking attempts as well ;)

I'm all up for you bringing baked items :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Kalimna said:
    @digitalscream.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Kalimna said:
    That's a pretty good idea. Not sure how much room we'll have (I believe we're sharing the stand with one of the companies on the forum), and obviously there'd have to be a caveat in terms of safety - ie we couldn't be responsible for any damage etc. Also...any home-built amps would probably be an insurance risk.

Just thinking off the top of my head here. @Jason - where might we stand on that?
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    That's a pretty good idea. Not sure how much room we'll have (I believe we're sharing the stand with one of the companies on the forum), and obviously there'd have to be a caveat in terms of safety - ie we couldn't be responsible for any damage etc. Also...any home-built amps would probably be an insurance risk.

Just thinking off the top of my head here. @Jason - where might we stand on that?
    The Fretboard space is 3m x 2m. Guitars would be fine but amps probably not. I’m happy for that, obviously you and I would need some form of agreement that TFB & TGS are not liable for any damage, I don’t want grief over dinked paintwork etc, there will be 4000 ish visitors over the two days and not everyone is careful. 
    Id be happy with a couple of guitars and homemade pedals (9V). Id be happy to leave them on the stand for the duration of my visit.
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader

The Guitar Show Guitar

https://i.imgur.com/3Q3BCj4.jpg

I've justposted this up on Facebook, but it does mean a lot to me, so I hope you will read it. I know that Bradders is known on here, most of the time its people saying they miss his videos, he is genuinely one of the funniest people I know.

Rob Williams Guitars have started the process of the Tobacco Burst finish that won the vote.

I’ve been thinking of what charity this guitar should go to, in the back of my mind I’ve always had an idea.

You may have seen recently that Prostate Cancer has now become the number 1 cancer in the UK, probably not the number 1 you want…

I’m fairly sure that almost everyone on this page that had to deal with a friend or family member dealing with this horrible illness. For me, in 2019 it got close, my dad successfully beat it (sheer bloody mindedness I think), a friend's dad unfortunately didn’t, and in this, The Guitar Show world, my good friend and Live Stage host Simon “Bradders” Bradley was diagnosed with it. I’m sure you know Simon from his days on Guitarist magazine or from the show, but he and I go back much further than that.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader
    pt 2

Simon inadvertently got me started in bands when I was 17, I had walked in to Birmingham’s (the UK’s?) premier guitar store, Musical Exchanges, dressed like an LA Rock Star (in my head obviously), I was tall, skinny, thick curly long hair, black tight jeans, leather jacket and cowboy boots, Simon looked up and having never spoken to me before just said “you’ll do”

Do for what?

"My mate is looking for a lead guitarist and you look like you’ll fit in”

I couldn’t really play very well, but got the gig anyway, Simon graciously gave me a guitar lesson an hour before each rehearsal so I wasn’t terrible in front of the rest of the band, he maintains that he feels guilty that he shouted at me a lot for being crap (I don’t remember this, I remember being crap, not the shouting bit) I can still play some of these songs 30 years later.

The lessons stopped when Simon left Birmingham because he’d got a job as a writer on Guitarist magazine, Cambridgeshire at first I think and then on to Bath. We reconnected when I started working on Music Live at the NEC, I always read his pieces and watched his videos (the first guitar youtube star surely???) with amusement and pride, I know him

When The Guitar Show stage got bigger I knew I needed a host and I couldn’t think of anyone better, it was the first and only call I made.

Thankfully the old bugger is still with us and clear of the bloody stuff, whilst he may not yet be back to 100%, he will be back hosting for 2020, just don’t ask him to lift anything.

So lets make a good thing out of a horrible thing.

Crimson Guitars, Williams Guitars, Rob Williams Guitars, @Oil City pickups Grainger Guitars have given their time and resources to build this guitar, it hasn’t gone unnoticed by the trade, James' Home of Tone have offered to supply a top of the range wiring loom to the guitar and Laney Amplification have added an amp. I’ve bought a hardcase for it and I’ll refund the winners entry price.

Please, please buy a raffle ticket at the show, lets celebrate the Best Of British Guitar Building and raise some money so we can help kick this cancer in the arse*

*pun intended 

Thats it, thanks for reading, back to endless guitar memes and exhibitor posts. See you at the show.

Jason

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Jason said:

Please, please buy a raffle ticket at the show, lets celebrate the Best Of British Guitar Building and raise some money so we can help kick this cancer in the arse*

Will do.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Jason said:

Will do.

Thank you
    Consider this another kick in the butt of prostate Ca.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    With you on the support of Prostrate Cancer Jason - My dad has it - so 100% behind you on this
    tFB Trader
    I hope this news goes down well, but last night I was able to confirm that Phil X will be at The Guitar Show on the Sunday, Phil will be on the Live Stage.

Going to NAMM is always a good idea, you never know who you are going to bump in to :)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Doh, I need to go both days now! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1