The Guitar Show 29th Feb & 1st March 2020, New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Front entrance design is in and being made. Its my homage to The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll (Hockley) Circus :)

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Just checking in Jason - Are the bacon butties and latte going to be ready early Sat + Sun - And even Friday PM loading in time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Front entrance design is in and being made. Its my homage to The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll (Hockley) Circus :)

Does that mean their will be a few clowns about ?

Looks cool
    tFB Trader
    Just checking in Jason - Are the bacon butties and latte going to be ready early Sat + Sun - And even Friday PM loading in time
    Sat and Sunday for bacon and coffee. Chippy over the road Friday 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Has the parking setup changed this year? I went to the back car park last year only to be told it was exhibitors only.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Has the parking setup changed this year? I went to the back car park last year only to be told it was exhibitors only.
    I think in practice unless you are there pretty early or rock up later in the day it’s on street parking only. Last year my son was working there and I had to drop him off before the show opened and even then the car park was probably 2/3rds full each day; lot of early birds sat in their cars eating butties. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    I’m trying to get all exhibitors in to the back car park so it frees up the front for visitors. More exhibitors means more vans etc, I know it’s not ideal but I don’t fancy the Nec’s £16 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
     EricTheWeary said:
    Last year my son was working there and I had to drop him off before the show opened and even then the car park was probably 2/3rds full each day; lot of early birds sat in their cars eating butties. 

that’s just how we spend weekends in brum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Often many FB guys arrange to meet at the FB stand throughout the day - Or say every hour on the hour as a meeting place + time 
  • Ticket purchased... see you Sunday.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534

Does anybody know of/can recommend some live music nearby on the evenings of Friday or Saturday?

Simillarly, recommendations for curry/steak/pizza restaurants would be most welcome :)

Cheers,
    Adam.

BTW, Im still keen to bring along a couple of instruments for tFB stand if considered worthwhile?

tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:

Does anybody know of/can recommend some live music nearby on the evenings of Friday or Saturday?

Simillarly, recommendations for curry/steak/pizza restaurants would be most welcome :)

Cheers,
    Adam.

BTW, Im still keen to bring along a couple of instruments for tFB stand if considered worthwhile?

Live music - check out The Asylum listings - its about a mile away, other than that two O2s (Academy & Institute), Sunflower Lounge for a small and sweaty gig, Mama Roux in Digbeth and possibly the Night Owl.

Curry (now we are talking) Balti Triangle - can't go wrong anywhere, Taj Mahal and Itihaas for central (pre book)
    Pasta D' Piazza for Pizza/Italian - St Paul's Sq, plus all the usual in the centre
    Steak - you could try the Brazillian place that is just off Colmore Row (can't remember its name, but its fantastic)

Hope that helps

J
  • @Jason are tickets on Sunday selling fast or will I be okay to get one on the door?

If not, do I need to print the tickets when bought online, as I don't have a printer, which makes it difficult.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    tFB Trader
    @Jason are tickets on Sunday selling fast or will I be okay to get one on the door?

If not, do I need to print the tickets when bought online, as I don't have a printer, which makes it difficult.

Saturday are selling faster, its 60/40 at the moment, just pay on the door, it will be fine
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Jason said:
    Kalimna said:

Cheers,
    Adam.

Live music - check out The Asylum listings - its about a mile away, other than that two O2s (Academy & Institute), Sunflower Lounge for a small and sweaty gig, Mama Roux in Digbeth and possibly the Night Owl.

Curry (now we are talking) Balti Triangle - can't go wrong anywhere, Taj Mahal and Itihaas for central (pre book)
    Pasta D' Piazza for Pizza/Italian - St Paul's Sq, plus all the usual in the centre
    Steak - you could try the Brazillian place that is just off Colmore Row (can't remember its name, but its fantastic)

Hope that helps

J

Thanks Jason - most helpful :)
  • Kalimna said:
    Jason said:
    Kalimna said:

Simillarly, recommendations for curry/steak/pizza restaurants would be most welcome

Cheers,
    Adam.

Hope that helps

J

Thanks Jason - most helpful
    Our own James Oliver and his band are playing in Erdington on Friday night. I’m not familiar with the venue and it’s, err, not the posh part of the city but the lad seldom ventures out of Wales so it’s a rare opportunity. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374

Kalimna said:

Steak- it’s Gaucho on top of Church St
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:

Kalimna said:

Steak- it’s Gaucho on top of Church St

Thats it, I was salivating just thinking about it, so much so, I got home and suggested to MrsJason that we should go post show, she agreed
  • Apologies if this has been asked already, but is there much at the Brum show in the way of second hand guitars, and decent quality ones inc vintage? Or is it mainly brand new kit? Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    tFB Trader
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but is there much at the Brum show in the way of second hand guitars, and decent quality ones inc vintage? Or is it mainly brand new kit? Thanks.

All the retailers bring secondhand with them, Little Guitar Shop and Guitars4you will most likely have the most. In terms of Vintage there is ATB Guitars
    Hope that helps

J