New Harley Benton R*ck Style Basses

What's Hot
earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
I came across these today, are they new?  I think they might be.

I can't imagine they'll be hanging around the Thomann website for very long....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hadn’t seen these before, look cool!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    Hideous.

I'm not always a fan of RIC's heavy-handed legal bullying, and I do like some Harley Benton products, but in this case I hope there's a nasty letter in the post already.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    It's a Chickenbacker with a body kit to avoid EU trademarks.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    "Mahogany" neck, glued into "mahogany" body. It hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of sounding like the thing it pretends to resemble.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Hideous.

I'm not always a fan of RIC's heavy-handed legal bullying, and I do like some Harley Benton products, but in this case I hope there's a nasty letter in the post already.

They'll sue you for suggesting they have already sent Harley Benton/Thomann a letter.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    There's someone over on BassChat who has one and really likes it.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10370
    tFB Trader
    That's just plain nasty. Like @ICBM I normally like HB offerings ... but that's a stinker. Don't really care how it sounds ... it looks like a super cheap copy of a cheap 70s copy. Blurgggghhhhh
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    edited December 2019
    That's just plain nasty. Like @ICBM I normally like HB offerings ... but that's a stinker. Don't really care how it sounds ... it looks like a super cheap copy of a cheap 70s copy. Blurgggghhhhh
    Exactly. It's like an updated of one of these...

https://reverb.com/item/778493-circa-1975-kay-rickenbacker-4001-copy-fireglo

And even though I do actually like quite a lot of these Tiesco-made cheapos too for what they are, they're really junk that can be made into something vaguely playable and punky, rather than a Rick copy.

And yes, £400 for that is absolutely bonkers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    I quite like them in a clunky, indie sorta way!
  • F*** the haters, I like it.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.