Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ceriatone - Worth the hype?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I had a 2204 which I think @roberty subsequently bought - it was a great sounding amp (I bought it chassis only then had a headshell made) made better with some TAD preamps in the relevant positions. Didn't quite have enough oomph for one of my projects so it made way for a Matamp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an OTS 50w head that sounds fantastic. Probably against popular opinion, mine sounds best with my teles!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • I know it probably doesn’t count for much but I have Nik’s Klon clone and it really is superb, it’s about as close as I’ve heard sonically. He’s a top bloke and I’ve discussed numerous amps with him but I’m yet to pull the trigger.

i quite fancy one of the SSS. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    I know it probably doesn’t count for much but I have Nik’s Klon clone and it really is superb, it’s about as close as I’ve heard sonically. He’s a top bloke and I’ve discussed numerous amps with him but I’m yet to pull the trigger.

I'm assuming it's stunning
    I have an HRM 100w, which must be the closest model to the SSS
  • I know it probably doesn’t count for much but I have Nik’s Klon clone and it really is superb, it’s about as close as I’ve heard sonically. He’s a top bloke and I’ve discussed numerous amps with him but I’m yet to pull the trigger.

I have a 100w SSS on order at the mo :)

When you get it let me know mate, I’m curious how it is! 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    There was a video clip of the SSS on the Ceriatone Facebook page. I'm not a big SRV fan but I love  the tones on this.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/212098799588?view=permalink&id=10158086149214589
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    exocet said:
    There was a video clip of the SSS on the Ceriatone Facebook page. I'm not a big SRV fan but I love  the tones on this.

lovely
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    exocet said:

lovely
    Indeed, that strat sounds like it has a 70 gauge bottom E
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Had their bassman that MJW put together for me and stupidly sold it, now own the Muchle$$ Lightning and love it! Excellent quality and for the money amazing
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    John_A said:
    exocet said:

lovely
    Indeed, that strat sounds like it has a 70 gauge bottom E
    Oof yeah that's a proper strat sound that is, doesn't get better than that
  • Only problem I find with Ceriaton and hence my thread is which one to choose! Their seems to be so many options. Originally im after a Trainwreck clone but I play alot of blues rock stuff and I like that cranked marshall sound so maybe a plexi clone would be better??
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Only problem I find with Ceriaton and hence my thread is which one to choose! Their seems to be so many options. Originally im after a Trainwreck clone but I play alot of blues rock stuff and I like that cranked marshall sound so maybe a plexi clone would be better??
    One of each!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Only problem I find with Ceriaton and hence my thread is which one to choose! Their seems to be so many options. Originally im after a Trainwreck clone but I play alot of blues rock stuff and I like that cranked marshall sound so maybe a plexi clone would be better??
    Do they do an affordable amazing attenuator as well?

When you get it let me know mate, I’m curious how it is! 
    Will do!
  • The "Joyful Music" 50 model looks to be literally the perfect, size, looks and tone for me
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Get the 100.  The master volumes on these amps work very well and the extra tonal quality of bigger OT is definitely worth it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom