Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite place/site in the UK

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
edited December 2019 in Off Topic
I love Cornwall, Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, North Wales (Snowdon), The Peak District, Loch Ness and more recently, Bath, but my favourite place is Durdle Door, Dorset.

We were down there again this week and I just find the place magical and it's where I'd like my ashes scattered.

Here's a pic that I took.

Where's yours?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't know if it's my favourite but there's a spot on a hill overlooking loch lomond that I really like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    I live on the Isle of Wight so pretty spoit for scenery, however I love the Wye Valley, The Brecon Beacons and The Black Mountains....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Croyde bay, North Devon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Edinburgh, Keswick, Penzance, The Isle of Skye and Stratford Upon Avon.

I like the Liverpool Docks as well, as I spent last New Year there and in The Cavern Club.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Salcombe when it's sunny is my favourite.
  • I live in Snowdonia so am surrounded by awesomeness. But I also love the Pembrokeshire Coast and Preseli mountains, where my parents are from, and the far tip of Cornwall, where I was born. West is best! 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    Really like Radnor and the upper Wye. 
    Love Cornwall.
    Love the Peak district. 
    I've not given Scotland a fair chance...
    I just keep going back to Wales. 
  • westwest Frets: 994
    Croyde bay, North Devon. 

Baggy point is surely  an equisite vantage point to take in the vista ...  likewise Hartland quay futher down ... spectacular ...
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Kingley Vale in West Sussex has incredible bluebells, an ancient Yew tree forest and spectacular views from the burial grounds on top of the vale. 

We drove past yesterday on the way back from Chichester and the mist was rising off the fields, it was magical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chiswick
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    edited December 2019
    Wester Ross coastal route
    Sandwood bay
    Edinburgh (I grew up there in the 60's and 70's)
    St Mary's Loch
    Pendine sands

• Probably where Snowdonia meets the sea which is primarily Harlech which is a delightful little town with a huge beach. You can also nip into Port Meirion which may be the wackiest place in the U.K. 
    Honourable mention for the Forest of Dean which has much to explore and is a bit under rated, Puzzle Wood ( as featured in a lot of TV and film) is a must. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 291
    edited December 2019
    Home
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited December 2019
    It's encouraging to see Edinburgh listed a few times. Folk do says it's a great city and right enough, I love living near it. I always thought Munich was cool, like a bigger Edinburgh. I haven't really been to enough other places in the UK to comment... 
    P.S. I know Munich isn't in the UK :lol:
  • Glad you enjoyed your break, Cos. It's lovely down there isn't it. As you know, I'm quite well travelled around the UK, some of my faves (in random order) are:

Marazion/St. Michael's Mount
    Poole Harbour/Sandbanks
    Whitstable
    Whitby
    Southwold/Aldeburgh/Thorpeness

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Kebabkid said:
    I love Cornwall, Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, North Wales (Snowdon), The Peak District, Loch Ness but my favourite place is Durdle Door, Dorset.

We were down there again this week and I just find the place magical and it's where I'd like my ashes scattered there.

Here's a pic that I took.

Where's yours?

I live only a couple of miles from there.  You probably drove past my house.   Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove are indeed great though as a "local" I tend not to visit often enough and when I do its full of grockles.   

As a Yorkshire chap originally, I find myself drawn to Whitby, Bridlington and Flamborough.

• Robin Hoods Bay in North Yorkshire
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Home, which is near Llandeilo.  To the rear we overlook Carreg Cennen Castle with the Black Mountains to the right of the castle and the Brecon Beacons in the distance to the left.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    Funny
    the Lullworth Estate , Durdle door and the road from the Swanage Ferry to The Pig on the Beach is one of my favourite UK spots
  • Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 667
    edited December 2019
    Good choice OP, I’ve always loved Durdle Door and Lulworth. I’m from Yorkshire and an occasional grockle myself, in fact I’m writing this from Budleigh Salterton in East Devon which is probably one of my favourite spots.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.