Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite place/site in the UK

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    Croyde bay, North Devon. 
    Ive heard a lot of good things about this place and one to visit :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    edited December 2019
    We stayed in Sandbanks and our host fed us Jam roly-poly (kidding) but what a place and great houses.

We saw Bowie's old house which is called Bowie with an I the same as the Aladdin Sane moniker
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    edited January 2020
    Bowerman’s nose on Dartmoor; from there you can see where I was raised, where my grandmother is buried and where my grandfather currently resides (he’s 98, so these things are about memories). It means more to my family than most would realise and therefore is uniquely special. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4167
    edited January 2020
    I love the Cotswolds, although I wouldn't want to live there due to the number of tourists and the horrific "keep your garden tidy or else" house regulations. Also Southwold and the surrounding towns are wonderful... Norfolk has got some spectacular places where I could quite happily imagine living happily ever after.

I love where I am (Ashingdon, near Southend) in terms of being near the sea (but the downsides such as some of the arseholes around here as the insane traffic get right on my nerves), but where I'd (realistically) most like to live in the country is Derby: cheap houses (due to it being a bit crappy), friendly people... and most of my best friends in the world are split between there and Nottingham
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    Hexham Abbey

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    The Cornish coast road between St Ives and St Just. Outside of the silly season it's a fabulous road to travel whether by car or bike. A winding road with absolutely stunning coastal views.

Another favourite place in that part of the world is Porthleven with its picturesque harbour and whitewashed stone cottages. There is a pretty off-road walk to there from my former home in Helston.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Valley Of The Rocks North Devon 1Km west of Lynton and Lynmouth. Absolutely stunning.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    I can't think of specific places at the moment, but I am absolutely in love with the British countryside and coast. TV series like the Detectorists and the new Worzel Gummidge warm my heart looking at the beautiful countryside scenes. I love a 3 hour cross country bike ride by myself on a hot summer day.
  • Pembrokeshire Coastal path is awesome
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    The stretch of the Thames from Vaixhall to Tower Bridge. It's no co-incidence that I studied at Kings, where I could sit in the students bar and look out over the embankment. Well, for the first couple of hours, anyway.
  • scrumhalf said:
    The stretch of the Thames from Vaixhall to Tower Bridge. It's no co-incidence that I studied at Kings, where I could sit in the students bar and look out over the embankment. Well, for the first couple of hours, anyway.
    When were you there @scrumhalf ? A good mate was there 83-86 and he and I spent a bit of time there, he spent his life there
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3069
    Snowdonia, Perthshire, Devon and Cornwall. I like where I live now in Staffs - good mix of town and country... just under water a lot these days. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Emirates Stadium, London N7.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Druridge Bay in Northumberland 
  • Probably the best holiday I've had in the UK was Orkney. Marvelous place. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    axisus said:
    I can't think of specific places at the moment, but I am absolutely in love with the British countryside and coast. TV series like the Detectorists and the new Worzel Gummidge warm my heart looking at the beautiful countryside scenes. I love a 3 hour cross country bike ride by myself on a hot summer day.

I find it amusing when I see the property type programs on TV. Look at the amazing view...a field??! 
    Suppose I'm spoiled for views being from the west coast of Scotland. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    The Trossachs, Oban, Snowdonia, Skye. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    The Cock Tavern, Fleet Street
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    scrumhalf said:
    When were you there @scrumhalf ? A good mate was there 83-86 and he and I spent a bit of time there, he spent his life there
    81-84. Pardon me while I weep at how long ago that was.