Films shown on UK television which have been repeated so often it's sickening ?

What's Hot
I will start this one off, if I see that bloody Mrs Doubtfire in the TV listings again then I will explode. That syrupy and schmaltzy pile of crap wasn't funny when it was released in 1993 and it has been repeated so often on UK TV that it just needs to disappear forever.

What films which have been flogged to death  by endless repeats on UK TV can you think of ?

Wizard of Oz gets a pass because we were all sick to death of it decades ago.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    edited January 2020
    Pretty much all of the all-time classics have been re-transmitted ad nauseam. 

It is possible to spare oneself the sickening tedium by joining Club 27.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was going to say the sound of music, never watched it until this Christmas. Nazi's, Nuns and a Godin guitar, can't be that bad then!
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    ITV2 seems to have the Hobbit films on constant rotation.  Before that they seemed to show nothing but Along Came Polly, You, Me and Dupree and the Scorpion King.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Goonies has been on 4 times over Christmas on various channels. I don’t actually mind though as I love it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I remember She Wore a Yellow Ribbon being the most broadcast film on British TV, I think the BBC had it royalty free and used it to fill gaps in the schedule for years after it started broadcasting in colour.

Anyway, the Cornetto films ( Shaun of the Dead,etc) seem to be on a channel somewhere if I’m flicking through the channels at night. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Love Actually.

I ‘actually’ quite liked it when I first saw it - despite being crap it had a sort of cheesy 90s charm about it - but with each repetition it lost that and is now just nauseating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    That Cher/Christina Aguilera Burlesque thing seems to be on constant repeat on one of the minor Freeview channels. I watched about 30 minutes of it once... utter bilge. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    ICBM said:
    Love Actually.

I ‘actually’ quite liked it when I first saw it - despite being crap it had a sort of cheesy 90s charm about it - but with each repetition it lost that and is now just nauseating.

Sky even offered it as a "watch & keep" freebie in December.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31501
    Well apart from The Wizard of Oz I have never seen any of the films mentioned so far. 

Maybe you should all put the TV in another room, not opposite where you naturally tend to sit. 
  • ICBM said:
    Love Actually.

Four weddings and a funeral.......damn I cannot abide Hugh grant
    Telejester said:

It took me until the Jeremy Thorpe thing to realise that he is a very good actor who has been unfortunately typecast for most of his career. There was a documentary about him recently where it sounded like he stumbled into acting and didn't realise he was good at it, so allowed himself to be given the same roles over and over until no-one, including himself, could abide it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I'm staggered that nobody has mentioned Back to the Future which, I'm sure, is on every week on my TV any various channels.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    edited January 2020
    ICBM said:
    Telejester said:

It took me until the Jeremy Thorpe thing to realise that he is a very good actor who has been unfortunately typecast for most of his career. There was a documentary about him recently where it sounded like he stumbled into acting and didn't realise he was good at it, so allowed himself to be given the same roles over and over until no-one, including himself, could abide it...
    He was excellent in Paddington 2 (too! :)) . I always get the impression that he’s so laid back he just accepted whatever roles he was offered, and then it gets to be a self fulfilling thing. A bit like the modern equivalent of John LeMesurier   
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Wolfetone said:
    I'm staggered that nobody has mentioned Back to the Future which, I'm sure, is on every week on my TV any various channels.

Back to the Future is such a good film that it doesn't matter.

Mary Poppins has to be the worst.  Total drivel and it always seemed to be on opposite something like Star Wars - so my mum would let my sister watch it when all three of the boys in family wanted to watch Star Wars.  This was back in the days when there was only one TV in the house.

• ICBM said:
    Love Actually.

Brilliant in Cloud Atlas tho
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    The Hangover films seem to be on constant repeat on ITV2 for the past couple of months. 

Pulp Fiction has been on quite a lot recently too, although can’t remember which channel. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    haven't had pez TV/freeview in ages but i seem to remember the itv offshoot channels constantly showing one of either

rambo 1-3
    under siege 1 + 2
    shaun of the dead
    hot fuzz

and castaway was on C5 seemingly once a week
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    ICBM said:
       so allowed himself to be given the same roles over and over until no-one, including himself, could abide it...
    That has worked equally well for De Niro, Pacino and Pesci, to be fair.
    Snap said:

That has worked equally well for De Niro, Pacino and Pesci, to be fair.
    That's exactly why I can't be bothered with The Irishman... yawn.

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Groundhog Day

<obvious joke goes here>

<obvious joke repeated here>
    All practice and no theory
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom