NGD Fender Broadcaster

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9271
The Custom Shop have some great models this year and I was lucky enough to grab this from Peach.

https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-custom-shop-2020-limited-70th-anniversary-broadcaster-nocaster-blonde.htm

I’m not sure how many they will make, but the 60th anniversary models were rare as hen’s teeth and appreciated in value quite a bit.

They’ve nailed the details mainly with the maple plug, no routing etc. It’s nerdy stuff, but I love that level of detail. It’s only arrived today so will getting plugged in through my tone king imperial at volume in the studio tomorrow 
2reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's nice. I'd heard this CS Broadcaster was coming out (and had seen one for sale on Reverb) but didn't know they were already reaching UK dealers.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Very very nice. I wasn't even aware of this run. Looks tasty.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Nice one, Jorneyman finish is not usually quite relicy enough for my tastes but this one looks good.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22730
    Extremely nice!  I really like the Journeyman finish, it looks very nicely aged close-up but from a distance there's nothing to upset the relic-haters. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Congrats, a very cool & classy relic finish on that one...
  • That's a very lovely thing.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2366
    Nice guitar, congrats. I was going to have one of the 2010 60th anniversary models but cancelled my order when it was nothing like the specs that make a Broadcaster unique. I posted on the Tele forum about these ones in summer after Songbirds museum posted that they were visited by Team Fender researching Broadcasters. I had high hopes of the level of accuracy being akin to the 2004 masterbuilt '54 Strats, alas when they were launched in Australia last month I realised, they were not strictly nerdy accurate enough for me, but an improvement over the 60th's for sure. I guess they are reasonably priced. The launch model #1 is still for sale on Reverb in Oz.
    I won't bore you all with the differences between a vintage Broadcaster and these (yep I've played enough to know), but they are a whole lot more than just a Nocaster/Telecaster with a decal change. Why or why have FCS persisted with the now ridiculously long serial number. Why not give these a more traditional 4 digit number? 
    That aside, they will be great guitars I'm sure  :) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BTW They come in three levels of 'damage'
    Heavy for you....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SKO5U4jcQ0
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9271
    Strat54 said:
    Nice guitar, congrats. I was going to have one of the 2010 60th anniversary models but cancelled my order when it was nothing like the specs that make a Broadcaster unique. I posted on the Tele forum about these ones in summer after Songbirds museum posted that they were visited by Team Fender researching Broadcasters. I had high hopes of the level of accuracy being akin to the 2004 masterbuilt '54 Strats, alas when they were launched in Australia last month I realised, they were not strictly nerdy accurate enough for me, but an improvement over the 60th's for sure. I guess they are reasonably priced. The launch model #1 is still for sale on Reverb in Oz.
    I won't bore you all with the differences between a vintage Broadcaster and these (yep I've played enough to know), but they are a whole lot more than just a Nocaster/Telecaster with a decal change. Why or why have FCS persisted with the now ridiculously long serial number. Why not give these a more traditional 4 digit number? 
    I would love to be bored by the differences as I thought from my knowledge that fender had mainly got these right.
    If I’m being picky, the string ferrules are too straight on mine, that’s about all I could find
    chris78 said:
    If I’m being picky, the string ferrules are too straight on mine, that’s about all I could find
    In the angle they're inserted into the body, or in the way they line up with each other?
    Philly_Q said:
    chris78 said:
    In the angle they're inserted into the body, or in the way they line up with each other?
    The way they line up. The originals were decidedly wonky 
    edited January 2020
    chris78 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    chris78 said:
    The way they line up. The originals were decidedly wonky 

I never knew that.  Presumably they drilled through from the top then just inserted the ferrules wherever the holes ended up! 

I made a string-through body myself once, but I drilled the bigger holes on the back for the ferrules before drilling from the top, just in case they went a bit astray. 

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2280
    Lucky chap!  Wonderful. 
    chris78 said:
    Strat54 said:
    I would love to be bored by the differences as I thought from my knowledge that fender had mainly got these right.
    There are so many. Go buy The Blackguard book and depress yourself in a good kind of way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1391
    edited January 2020
    Can't you summarise a few of the differences? Seems a bit dismissive to tell someone to go and buy a book.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    @chris78 I'm giving buying one of these some serious thought. Any idea how many they're making?, and what fret does it start flattening out to 9.5"?. I'm not particularly a fan of the 7.25" radius, but if it's only for a few frets, that's okay.

I've been told that it is not a limited run as such like the "BC" serial number 2010 60th Anni's were (they only made 60), but rather it will be made available during the whole of 2020 as part of their '2020 Limited Collection' 
    Strat54 said:
    chris78 said:
    Strat54 said:
    There are so many. Go buy The Blackguard book and depress yourself in a good kind of way.
    That’s the thing. I’ve got and read the Blackguard book more times than I care to mention. The 60th weren’t great. This time they’ve sorted the plug, tuners, knobs, routing, truss plug. 
    There’s brass saddles not steel, but that’s consistent with the later ones. As far as I know, there weren’t compound radius, but plenty had 9.5 and some had 7.25 so I don’t reckon they’re that inaccurate unless you can enlighten us
  • Lush.... apart from the price :)