Harry and Meghan quit

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16077
    edited January 2020
    Good luck to them .........
    I'm just glad that it might be an end to the ridiculous and continual barrage from the Newspapers about what shoes Meghan is wearing, how she had half an inch cut off her hair, why she didn't wear eyeliner last Thursday and what her Nail Technician's best friend's Cousin thinks of the Organic Salmon she had in a sandwich on the plane to Germany 6 weeks ago .
    Are people really interested in this horseshit ? If they really are then I totally understand why they are fucking off .
      Me ;I couldn't care less either way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Dominic said:
    Good luck to them either way
    I'm just glad that it might be an end to the ridiculous and continual barrage from the Newspapers about what shoes Meghan is wearing, how she had half an inch cut off her hair, why she didn't wear eyeliner last Thursday and what her Nail Technician's best friend's Cousin thinks of the Organic Salmon she had in a sandwich on the plane to Germany 6 weeks ago .
    Are people really interested in this horseshit ? If they really are then I totally understand why they are fucking off .
      Me ;I couldn't care less either way.

I doubt it .. her idea of self-sufficient financially will include social media posts and a shared celebrity lifestyle. I suspect they'll be a lot more.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Fretwired said:
    So they'll still be mega rich and pretty much treated like royalty but do even less for it?

I suspect they'll live Stateside will become a posher version of the Khardashians .. reality TV here they come .. :-)
    I’m thinking and hoping they’ve got way too much natural class to take that route. Good luck to them, I hope the tabloids will leave them in peace.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    Apparently they have spent the last 6 weeks or so in Canada, and Suits was filmed there.  They did say North America in their statement rather than the USA.  It may be that they go for a quiet life in Canada - or that Meghan decides to resume her acting career.  If she does go back to acting, it would help them become financially independent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10392
    Harry could do a bit of Ebaying, maybe a few lawns ... worse comes to the worse Meg could do a bit of cam;ing ... don't worry they will be fine 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6138
    Hmm... guess whose birthday it is tomorrow?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7812
    He never had a shot at the throne. As soon as he married his American Mrs, I was expecting a sacrifice to the colonies. Good luck to them. Getting away from the British press can’t be a bad thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 537
    goldtop said:
    Hmm... guess whose birthday it is tomorrow?
    Jimmy Page
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "News" rooms are up all night, desperately trying to find a way to tell this story without the self awareness to acknowledge that they are at least partly responsible. It'll probably be Corbyn's fault by morning. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • So they'll still be Meghan rich
     FTFY
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9505
    Fretwired said:
    Harry and Megan have quit from royal duties and will spend more time in the USA. They are financially independent so don't need taxpayer cash. Good luck to them .. I can understand why they're doing it.
    Yep, agree 100%.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51041947

looks like a resignation letter to me
    LOL.

The Palace's response could be paraphrased with one word.

"Nope."
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good riddance 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9653
    As I read it, the letter doesn't say they're quitting - it says about carving out a progressive new role within the institution. Wanting to have their cake and eat it perhaps?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9653
    Will he be The Royal Formerly Known as Prince?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    33reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:
    Will he be The Royal Formerly Known as Prince?
    That’s quite clever ,well done
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fretwired said:
    fandango said:
    Good riddance. Rumours abound that Harry’s not a real prince anyway. Meg can just feck off.

So who is the dad? James Hewitt didn't even meet Diana until after Harry was born .. :-)
    Like i said, rumours.

Fretwired said:
    Dominic said:
    Good luck to them either way
    I'm just glad that it might be an end to the ridiculous and continual barrage from the Newspapers about what shoes Meghan is wearing,

I doubt it .. her idea of self-sufficient financially will include social media posts and a shared celebrity lifestyle. I suspect they'll be a lot more.

Indeed. However it’s clear that it’s the Sussexes that court (and manipulate) the media to keep themselves in the public eye, rather than the other way round. The papers don’t know it, but they’re pawns in the game of keeping Meg in the spotlight to satisfy her ‘right on’ feminist ego.

Meg wants the princess thing without the baggage that comes with being part of the Royal Family and having to curtsy to the real Queen.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • you see? this is what happens when you let those ghastly colonials into the family
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3673
    So another prominent public figure retires from public life to "spend more time with their family". I think we all know what that means :) 
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Good luck to them.

As long not one penny of tax payers money is spent on them in the future I wish them all the very best and hope they fade into obscurity.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom