32 inch Monitor recommendations

What's Hot
LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
Looks like my Dell monitor is dying :-( I'm thinking of getting a 32" monitor and not sure if I should get a 4K monitor or stick with 1440p. I'm using Windows 10 and will be mainly using Ableton, Cubase and Lightroom for photo editing. My graphics card is a GTX750 and is about 5 years old. I've heard some people saying 4K is amazing for photo editing, and others that the scaling with some apps is a nightmare. 

Any experiences or recommendations would be much appreciated :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4K is indeed great for photo editing. However your GTX750 may struggle a little. I have an Asus 4k 32" at work (not sure of model but costs about £800).
    But depending on budget I go for a 1440p with 100% sRGB or Adobe RGB over a 4k without.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    The current PCPro recommendation is the Iiyama ProLite X3272UHS-B1.

4k.  32".  £320.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I have a Liyama 30" conventional aspect ratio 2560 x 1600 and it's very good indeed far better than the Dell 24" it sits alongside. 

It all depends on the apps you are using and how well designed they are for pixel scaling.  Being as I still use old apps (DW and PS CS5, Office 2010 et al) I wasn't confident of compatability with 4k. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I would stick with 2k at the mo its a good middle ground, but thats just me,  I have 2 an asus 75hz 27 inch which cost about £200 new, but my main monitor it s a 32 curved screen samsung 144hz 2k which 2nd hand was £200.00 and now brand new is £320, for that price you cant go wrong. 
    I did have a 4 k Asus Monitor but the difference between that and the 2k wasnt enough for me to justiy keeping it, so I sold tha and got the samsung.
  • My lad has a MSI 27 curved 144hz etc... etc.. which is very impressive. He has multiple modes set for gaming, video/photo editing, graphic design.

I personally have a love/hate relationship with 4k and Win10, needs better support IMO
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Thanks guys, I think 2K might be a better bet at the moment as my eyes aren't the best and colour fidelity is probably a bit more important than out and out resolution. The BenQ PD3200Q looks good, but it's 12.5kg's!