Android Phone Podcast & MP3 player App recommendations

What's Hot
Hello Chaps,

I just picked up an Android Phone after many years of having a Windows Phone (I was probably the only user).

Does anyone have any recommendations for apps to play podcasts and Mp3's? Looking for as free as possible, and without ads as well. 

Thanks in advance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I just started using Podcast Addict and it seems alright. Would be keen to hear more recommendations though!
    All practice and no theory
  • I use Podcast Addict too- has ads, but very unobtrusive, and does everything else I want it to in ways that are generally pretty straightforward.

Media Monkey is very good for audio- supports all the file types in the world ever, and the free version is still ad free. It lacks a couple of features you might want to pay for, but not much. I stopped using it in favour of another app called Blackplayer because the tools for editing tags, adding images etc on Media Monkey were a bit rubbish- they don't actually alter the file, but presumably alter some sort of database within Media Monkey, so if that's lost, or if you switch to another player everything changes back. Blackplayer has some locked features and unobtrusive ads in the free version, but nothing terrible.

I only found one app that claimed to be able to manage podcasts *and* music playback called DoubleTwist. I can't say I was particularly impressed with the podcast features.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oafoaf Frets: 300

AntennaPod has been ok for me and integrates quite nicely in the car too. Another option for you...
  • I use RadioPublic for podcasts.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Acast is pretty much the industry standard in pod casts,  make sure yu listen to Adam buxtons podcast it's probably the best out there. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    +1 for english_bob's recommendation - using BlackPlayer too, have been for a year or so.  Does the job just fine.