Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Phil X moves to Gibson

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1381
Phil has announced on the most recent No guitar is safe podcast that he has moved to endorse Gibson and moved away from Framus. 

You may be in the I don’t care/I don’t like him/he’s a money grabbing bastard camp, but I’m not and so  for those of similar disposition, I thought it was a news worthy post. 
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Phil X is awesome. I love his reviews and I love the way that he plays guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I wonder if this is the work of 'Mr. Aurfentic' who I note has posted a new yootoob vid of him and his buddy Dave Amato in the last few days.

Oh to have trunks packed with highly collectable guitars you haven't opened for at least ten years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    axisus said:
    Yeah me too. He's the sort of person I would normally find annoying but he's charming enough to make it work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    roberty said:
    axisus said:
    Yeah me too. He's the sort of person I would normally find annoying but he's charming enough to make it work
    He's also talented enough to pull it off. Ridiculous player and good singer also.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Really disappointed - I like Phil and thought it was cool that he supported a smaller guitar manufacturer like Framus, who have a reputation for high QC. His signature range looked great too.

I'm going to bet his new Gibson model will probably not be as well built as the Framus - must be chasing the $.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    ESBlonde said:
    I wonder if this is the work of 'Mr. Aurfentic' who I note has posted a new yootoob vid of him and his buddy Dave Amato in the last few days.

Oh to have trunks packed with highly collectable guitars you haven't opened for at least ten years.

This video was absolutely wince-inducing. So stilted. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    roberty said:
    axisus said:
    100% this. 

Gibson obviously want some his authenticity to rub off. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    AlexO said:
    roberty said:
    axisus said:
    He's also talented enough to pull it off. Ridiculous player and good singer also.
    Yeah totally. Super confident but not up his own arse, and with the talent to back it up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    longjaw said:

I'm going to bet his new Gibson model will probably not be as well built as the Framus - must be chasing the $.

What he said was that he didn't like that fans on a lower budget who wanted one of his sigs couldn't get one.  Even the chinese "budget" framus was $1,500 ... with Gibson (baring in mind he started on SGs) meant that there could be Epi's for those that wanted them.

Kind of makes sense if you believe the motivation.  Didn't come across too much as chasing the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • longjaw said:
    Really disappointed - I like Phil and thought it was cool that he supported a smaller guitar manufacturer like Framus, who have a reputation for high QC. His signature range looked great too.

I like Framus, but have no desire to own one. I have never seen his signature out in the wild either. I expect this move will open up some more doors for him, as not too many retailers stock Framus that I can think 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've never once seen a Framus in a shop. Actually I don't think I've seen someone play one 'in the flesh'. 

Probably a very wise move for Phil X.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24261
    'longjaw said:

You move jobs for better pay, don’t you? Why should he be any different? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3983
    I've never once seen a Framus in a shop. Actually I don't think I've seen someone play one 'in the flesh'. 

Probably a very wise move for Phil X.
    They've got a couple in at Wildwire in Selby, I can't say I'm a fan of how they look but the build quality and overall feel is top notch.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    longjaw said:

How dare he try to make a living.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    why would anyone in his position not move to Gibson ? It's like playing for Burnley and getting the chance to move to Real Madrid...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    'longjaw said:

You move jobs for better pay, don’t you? Why should he be any different? 
    @fretmeister ; Exactly this, wis awarded mate.

And as mentioned he is an extremely talented bloke, loved the Frettedamericana work he did

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10205
    Phil X is one of the few YouTube type guitar people that I like. Obviously he's playing up the OTT thing, but he's a great guitarist and has done well for himself.

Some of the covers he's done with his band we've lifted for our version.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I think this is cool, Phil X loves single pickup guitars, Epiphone have just sorted out their headstock, the convergence of the two could be awesome 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10205
    DrBob said:
    I think this is cool, Phil X loves single pickup guitars, Epiphone have just sorted out their headstock, the convergence of the two could be awesome 
    I don't see him endorsing Epiphone. I think if he's going to Gibson he's gonna be using Gibsons. But I could be wrong! 
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    I love Phil X. Followed him of Fretted Americana and he deserves every success.

A ridiculously talented guitarist and comes across really well. 
    Let him enjoy his success. 

I've just changed cricket sponsor, I don't feel bad, but then again I'm not the Phil X of cricket!
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom