Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Phil X moves to Gibson

What's Hot

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Fair play. I like the way he is so open about the serious work that went into developing his skills.

In a world of identikit homogenous 8million takes, overprocessed, slick 'content' his warts and all rawness is a breath of fresh air.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I think he's great and I'm happy for him that he's got this gig. He still looks like he loves playing guitar and I don't detect anything cynical about what he does. Good luck to him :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6685
    edited January 2020
    As enthusiastic as Johnny DeMarco and an excellent guitarist. A force for good in the the guitar world  in my opinion and good luck to him. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    his previous guitars have always looked super cool, the ESP Viper with the stickers, the Yamaga SG, even the Framus (which is the best looking guitar they made), i'm sure the Gibson version will be awesome

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    his previous guitars have always looked super cool, the ESP Viper with the stickers, the Yamaga SG, even the Framus (which is the best looking guitar they made), i'm sure the Gibson version will be awesome
    There was a really cool Tele/Esquire type thing that never saw the light of day. Was that from the end of his time at Yamaha ?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Can’t blame him a Gibson endorsement is a step up in brand even if the Framus are better made. Plus  he is pretty savvy he knows his stock is pretty much peaked. The Bon jovi gig is high profile but when that dies his full time gig is a c list band and you tube take the wins when they come along.
    He’s a very seasoned session player and has other endorsements too. He’s been in the business for a long time, it’s not as if he’s 21 and trying to cut a break. I’d expect to see a Phil X SG junior soon
  • I think he’s great! On his vids he makes me laugh and his playing is simply astonishing at times! Well done dude great to see hard work pays off! If I could play 10% as good as him I’d be well happy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Phil's a great guy I reckon....you dont think this is a Bon Jovi influence stepping in ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    i've said it many times before but i watched him last time they toured the UK from about 6 feet away and he is the best guitarist i've ever seen live, it was ridiculous how good he is

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22772
    i've said it many times before but i watched him last time they toured the UK from about 6 feet away and he is the best guitarist i've ever seen live, it was ridiculous how good he is
    What did you make of John Shanks?
  • I think Gibson and Phil X are a good fit, he's pretty well known for using SG types and has a big enough profile to shift a lot of units if they are priced right.

A lot of the Digitech Bad Monkey sales were probably down to him championing it in numerous videos, I reckon an Epiphone Phil X SG would fly off the shelves. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    Framus Vs Gibson.... hmmmm let me think....

Seriously it's obvious if Gibson ask you're going to be tempted, I'd always choose them over Framus anyway. Phil X is an amazing player and seems a genuinely great fella, he's always been associated with Gibson style guitars. Makes perfect sense to me. Fair play and good luck to him.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• My favourite Fretted Americana video is Phil X on a LP Jr playing Eruption. The audacity to do the dives using the tuners is awesome & he just laughs when he messes up. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    My favourite Fretted Americana video is Phil X on a LP Jr playing Eruption. The audacity to do the dives using the tuners is awesome & he just laughs when he messes up. 

I have just watched that, it is amazing 
    edited January 2020
    Philly_Q said:
    it was with The Drills not Bon Jovi, which is a much better showcase of his talents as the show is built around his guitar playing and he really goes for it

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22772
    Philly_Q said:
    it was with The Drills not Bon Jovi, which is a much better showcase of his talents as the show is built around his guitar playing and he really goes for it
    Ah, I see! :)
  • He totaly deserve that! Good luck to him
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10326
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader
    I've always loved the Fretted Americana videos ... Phil is just so bloody 'joyful' about playing. Yes, he 'metals' things up perhaps too much at times ... but the fun he's having is very infectious. He always comes over as someone who loves guitars, loves playing, and above all doesn't take himself too seriously.
    I bought a Bad Monkey pretty much on the strength of those videos, and it still has a place on my pedal board ... and is more regularly used than my TS808 clone.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    edited January 2020
    roberty said:
    That is a Scala Guitars V not a Gibson 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway