Gear4Music strings? (Cheap strings for cheap guitars)

What's Hot
I've recently bought a couple of cheap acoustics from Ebay to leave at other people's houses so I can play when I'm away from home. I'm looking to put some cheap but half decent strings on and came across the Gear4Music branded ones at £2.99 a pack - https://www.gear4music.com/Books-DVD-and-Sheet-Music/Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-80-20-Light/8BE

Does anybody have any experience with their own brand strings, or can recommend something at a similar price point that's decent enough?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    How many sets do you need? Probably worth going for D’addarios at a few quid more. At least you know they are decent 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    Yep, the guitars may be cheap but a cheap guitar with good strings will sound better than a cheap guitar with crappy strings and the cost difference is minimal. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Harley Benton value strings are okay
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3679
    Don’t know those specifically but I put some £2.99 eBay strings on my mandolin once. No life to them at all, think I took them off after a week. Doubt they’d last as long either so may be a false economy. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Orphee off aliexpress direct from China. 10 packs delivered for £11.65. They are much better than people would have you believe.

At the price they are you may as well try for yourself as you have nothing to lose!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Orphee off aliexpress direct from China. 10 packs delivered for £11.65. They are much better than people would have you believe.

At the price they are you may as well try for yourself as you have nothing to lose!
    Yep these are quite nice, would suggest trying the 12's 
  • sairfingerssairfingers Frets: 1
    edited January 2020
    Oh come on, don’t be so mean. What’s a few extra quid on some strings! £2.50 or £5.00 or £7.50. If you can’t stretch to that why are you leaving guitars at other peoples houses?
    Cheap guitars, cheap strings, why bother! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 582
    Should've clarified that I didn't mean cheap as in crap... but good value.

For example years ago I did a bulk order from webstrings.com where each pack averaged at around £2.50 a set and they were fantastic. I'd put another order in if the shipping charges weren't so high. Hence I was wondering if the G4M strings were any good.

Maybe I'll give the Orphee's a go or just stick to D'Addarios as they shouldn't need changing too often.

• Switch625Switch625 Frets: 582
    I ended up going for D'Addario EJ-16's in the bulk 25 pack. Currently £108.65 on Amazon which makes it just under £4.35 a pack. Seems like good value to me considering the individual pack is around £6+.