SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Taylor GS Mini or Faith Mercury Highgloss

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
edited January 2020 in Acoustics £
UPDATE: Taylor sold and Faith withdrawn

Having just taken the Faith Mercury in.part exchange against something else, I now need to sell one of my compact acoustics...

They're both superb guitars and I'm struggling to decide which - the Faith is higher spec with the added benefit of on board electrics whilst the Taylor is a guitar that I've already bonded with having owned it and used it regularly for the last 4 years.

So, you decide - whichever doesn't sell first, I'll keep

So onto the guitars... Prices assume collection but happy to pack and post either at cost.

Taylor  GS Mini mahogany - £395

Owned by me from new and played regularly but cared for and kept in its high density padded case.

All mahogany build with ebony 'board.

Superb lively tone, compact and easy to play.

The condition is excellent with no dings or significant marks, just very light signs of use. Will need new strings but I'm still enjoying the played in set that are on it so haven't replaced them recently.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    edited January 2020
    Faith Mercury HiGloss Electro - £450 - trades or p/x possible.

Faith have built themselves a superb reputation in recent years, helped significantly by the input of legendary British luthier Patrick James Eggle. Patrick has contributed to development and design of the range including his bespoke bracing system. As such, Faith Guitars are brilliantly spec'd and built offering very high end features so real life money!

The Mercury HiGloss Electro represents one of the company's top line compact / parlour sized acoustics, with a retail price of around £800 - not to be confused with the cheaper 'naked' range. The HiGloss range features pro spec appointments including solid wood construction (rosewood, spruce, ebony etc) and tuners from Grover and electrics from Shadow. As the pictures show, it's a stunning guitar!

More importantly, it plays very nicely and has a lovely bright and lively sound - you could say, zingy!

Faith describe the guitar as "a little beauty, this Mercury is a traditional short-scale parlour model. With the neck joining the body at the 12th fret - rather than the 14th - the strings are held at a slightly lower tension than on regular models. Another implication of the 12th fret join is that the bridge is shifted further from the soundhole. These features result in a guitar that is physically easier to play, sounds much bigger than you would imagine and is also simple to handle and transport."

Specification

Electrics: Shadow Performer Tuner Preamp / Shadow Nanoflex Pickup
    Top Wood Solid Engelmann Spruce
    Back Wood Solid Rosewood
    Side Wood Solid Rosewood
    Binding Solid Flamed Maple
    Bracing Material Quarter-Sawn Spruce
    Bracing Pattern Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
    Rosette 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
    Neck Mahogany
    Neck Finish Satin
    Neck Joint Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
    Fingerboard Macassan Figured Ebony
    Fingerboard Radius 16"
    Fingerboard Inlays Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
    Machine Head Grover Rotomatic Gold
    Trussrod 2 Way
    Nut / Saddle TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
    Nut Width 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
    Bridge Macassan Figured Ebony
    Bridge Pins Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
    Finish Type High Gloss Top, Back and Sides

As you can see, no expense is spared, especially on the woods which all represent ethically sourced top quality timber.

The guitar comes with a nice fitted Faith case and the various tags/booklets.

The condition is very nice. The guitar is used and has been played and enjoyed, so has picked up some little indentations on the top, sides and back. These are virtually impossible to photograph but are visible in the flesh. The lovely wooden truss rod cover also has a small crack in it. The neck strap button has been relocated from the side of the heel to the end.

The case is nice, but has a few little scuffs to show that it's done its job and also some wear to the handle.

The guitar is set up nicely and plays very well.

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    A strange list of trade ideas (against the Faith):

Guitars - Strats, Charvels, Eggles...
    Chorus/flanger pedal - TC Electronic Dreamscape or TRex Twister 2
    Or... Anyone got an alto saxophone?

Or other interesting stuff.