Upgrade from EZdrummer?

So I bought ezdrummer a lil while ago, is there anything newer or better I should consider? Anyone using something GGD or Superior drumme
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    I started out with EZ Drummer, then upgraded to Superior Drummer (2.0?) and then up to 3.0 when it came out.  SD3 is superb but you do need to install the ambient samples to make it come to life (there are basically 3 levels of install.  Basic, + ambient and + bleed.  The disk space required for each is significant).

There is so much that you can do with it but equally that can make it look a little daunting at first.  I use the onboard mixer and effects so I'm only sendin a stereo pair to the DAW. You can send multiple feeds to the DAW and mix it all there if you prefer.

The MIDI library is huge and that can make it a mamoth task to navigate.  These days I start with the library grooves and tweak according to my arrangement as they are far more realistic than when I programme from scratch.
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    Another shout for SD3 here.  It's incredible.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Used EZ Drummer 2 for around one year and decided to pay for the crossgrade to Superior Drummer 3. Although I haven’t got as much use out of it as I would have liked. Am definitely glad I went ahead with it. The pearl drum kit is definitely my favourite. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I use BFD3 and it's mind blowing.

Don't know how it compares to Superior Drummer as I've never used that but it's just so advanced, it's like having access to as many variables as recording real drums in a pro studio.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    thegummy said:

Don't know how it compares to Superior Drummer as I've never used that but it's just so advanced, it's like having access to as many variables as recording real drums in a pro studio.

What's it like for the pick-a-groove-and-go style of operating ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Jalapeno said:
    thegummy said:

What's it like for the pick-a-groove-and-go style of operating ?
    It comes with loads of patterns but can't really comment any more than that cause I don't really use them, I always just put my own midi in.