SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - PRS David Grissom DGT Limited Mahogany Standard McCarty Tobacco Sunburst - priced to sell

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited January 2020 in Guitars £
Now priced to sell quicker than a quick thing...

For sale is my 2012 Paul Reed Smith, David Grissom Trem, Standard, McCarty Tobacco Sunburst.

This limited run, all Mahogany version, also had a special V12 finish, and was only available in small numbers for a 4 week period in 2012, and will definitely become a collectors item.

I recently bought this from Mark, but although it's an absolute blinder of a guitar, I've a Fano that has taken the limelight. So here we are...

All Mahogany PRS DGT Standard in McCarty Sunburst

Special DGT Birds, which look hollow, but up close the centres appear to be a dark abalone or something, very cool.

The motivating factor behind the DGT Standard was to create a guitar that, in Grissom’s words had, “the sonic character of an all-mahogany guitar… more focussed in the mids, with a nice chime and growl as well.”

The construction of the DGT Standard is in keeping with Grissom’s first-ever PRS, an all-mahogany Seafoam Green Standard purchased in 1985. And his new guitar retains the features of the original DGT – special DGT neck carve, DGT humbuckers, push/pull tone control with three-way toggle switch, PRS Phase III locking tuners with faux bone buttons and PRS tremolo.

The only modification from stock is that the centre volume control is unoperational... Single tone, single volume which is far more practical and responsive. Coil Split is utterly fantastic and is controlled by a push/pull on the tone control.

It has plenty of dings on the top, edges and some light wear to the rear but nothing that affects the way it plays, frets are spot on. Plays beautifully.

Very light for a DGT at 7lb 10oz

Comes as pictured with Hiscox hard case and all its bits.

Priced to sell quickly, as I've been buying guitars again... Only £1095, which is just a stupid price for such an expensive Guitar.

Now SOLD

Located in Fife, but I'm more than happy to send next day via UPS.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments