Chapman Youtube Drama Continues...

What's Hot

Comments

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 839
    If Rob hadn't done a response video this would have blown over by now. It's always the cover-up that gets you....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I heard that Rob Chapman met with Jeremy Corbyn ... 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2621
    edited January 2020
    Is there any way we can get Jeremy Kyle back for a one-off "Rob Chapman is a bully and he smells of poo" special? Get all the participants on stage for a fantastically stilted and passive-aggressive argument, the faint possibility of a punch up and someone could have a pointless and unnecessary DNA test, just for the fun of it. 

(I realise that most Jeremy Kyle arguments aren't in the least bit passive-aggressive. This would be, though.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    oh_pollo said:
    If Rob hadn't done a response video this would have blown over by now. It's always the cover-up that gets you....
    His mate Prince Andrew suggested it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    Jimbro66 said:
    oh_pollo said:
    Yeah... what he actually said was “Don’t sweat it Rob”
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    oh_pollo said:
    I think the problem is that the response video was on the dishonest, lying, ego-stroking, rallying supporters for a harassment campaign side rather than being transparent and apologising for any mistakes.  He probably also had forgotten about his previous for falsely claiming having received a death threat but the internet tends to find these things out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    dazzajl said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    oh_pollo said:
    Yeah... what he actually said was “Don’t sweat it Rob”
    "It was a simple jamming weekend, just a simple jamming weekend"
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Is that his Son giving him a kicking now?... B)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It seems everyone involved in this you tube war is a turd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Just a friendly reminder to people - since this is always a contentious subject, please be careful what you say. It's very easy to get caught up in the merry-go-round, and forget that we have rules ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Just a friendly reminder to people - since this is always a contentious subject, please be careful what you say. It's very easy to get caught up in the merry-go-round, and forget that we have rules ;)

I thought @Legionreturns comparing him to Jeremy Corbyn was fairly harsh as well... ;)
    I think this video is funnier than the other one and also makes the evidence supporting the allegations of encouraging followers to harassment campaigns and concocting death threats a bit clearer.  It’s definitely funnier.

https://youtu.be/KIkXdH3f_II
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ...seriously, are they going to have to have a Boxing Ring at NAMM this year?  Everyone will have to go in there and sort it out.
  • Just a friendly reminder to people - since this is always a contentious subject, please be careful what you say. It's very easy to get caught up in the merry-go-round, and forget that we have rules
    “I did everything I could to protect Digitalscream and help The Fretboard”- Rob Chapman 2037
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    edited January 2020
    This thread is the reason Ginge and Markle fucked off!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ...seriously, are they going to have to have a Boxing Ring at NAMM this year?  Everyone will have to go in there and sort it out.
    Too many people would complain that their performance in the ring was affected by:

- The floor material
    - The ropes material
    - The dimensions of the ring
    - The relic’d nature of it
    - The fact it was transistor and not valve based

etc...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    All that these sorts of videos have done is make me go and unfollow folk that I now don't wish to watch / give time to if this is the way they want to be putting their "content" out there. To me, this stuff is much more likely to drive people away than attract new subscribers. Aye ok, the clickbait videos will get lots of views, but that's a short term mindset I reckon.

This amateur journalism thing is something I've talked about a lot to my mates etc over the last couple of years. We are on dangerous ground in many respects with this kind of stuff. It's not good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    andyp said:
    All that these sorts of videos have done is make me go and unfollow folk that I now don't wish to watch / give time to if this is the way they want to be putting their "content" out there. To me, this stuff is much more likely to drive people away than attract new subscribers. Aye ok, the clickbait videos will get lots of views, but that's a short term mindset I reckon.

This amateur journalism thing is something I've talked about a lot to my mates etc over the last couple of years. We are on dangerous ground in many respects with this kind of stuff. It's not good.

I disagree: if a YouTube channel is using its influence - in particular a large fanbase that is easily riled to harass, threaten, dox etc an individual - to silence a channel with less than 40 subscribers, then I’m glad to see other channels stepping in to do something about it.    Everyone has the right to reply and the truth will most likely come out, as it seems to have done in this case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    andyp said:

The problem is that a lot of "professional" journalism is no better.  I've seen news stories that I have some inside knowledge of reported in horribly slanted ways in mainstream papers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    @crunchman ;

Indeed.  IMO the YouTube, Reddit etc system with multiple creators and commenters getting involved to compete for attention is far superior to a self-motivated monolithic entity spouting “the truth”.  The confrontational nature of it makes for some cheap drama but it’s also the only way of making the journey to something resembling truth.  The law works the same way for good reason.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.