SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Wez V Earth 2 '55 Single Cut - £1000

What's Hot
matt.drink73matt.drink73 Frets: 153
edited January 2020 in Guitars £

Very reluctant sale but I've been having some issues with a tendon in my left hand and the big neck on this is meaning I can't play it much, I know Wez is very well regarded on here so thought I'd offer it to you lot first. 

It's based on a cross between a 55 Junior and Standard, all whilst looking like a burst. Big period correct neck, pickups sound incredible, I'm 99% sure the staple was a one-off from Mojo. 
Here's the specs:
One piece weight relieved African Mahogany back
One piece Honduran Mahogany neck
Indian Rosewood Fretboard
Carved Sycamore Top
Mojo Staple/P90 Pickups
Hand aged Nitrocellulose finish.

Absolutely stunning craftsmanship, all handmade and had an extremely long time spent on perfecting every detail, I'll link to the build thread for anyone interested. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/119908/the-next-les-paul-s/p6

Price is exactly what I have in it, £1000, which I think is a steal considering the time spent building and designing this.

Collection only from Leeds, no case I'm afraid
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    oh man, i missed out on this last time and am likely to miss out again this time, its gorgeous 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
    Beautiful guitar and great price for something genuinely crafted. I’d love to take it off your hands but bad timing finds wise. GLWTS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    Stunning instrument. Glwts 
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 448
    PM’d
  • Just a quick update to save PM’s as I’ve had a lot of interest on this. As I don’t have a case I’m not willing to post, I’m down around Melton Mowbray a lot so willing to arrange something or meet inbetween etc. 

Though I’d prefer cash, I’m up for trades for something similar with a smaller neck. Les paul junior/special, duesenberg, musicman etc. Ideally after vintage style small nut width and something light and resonant 
  • Bah, if this was 6 months ago when I had the cash I'd have been down the A1 to Leeds in a flash, as I was lusting over this the last time it was for sale on here! Bad timing!

GLWTS!

• maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Pm’d
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076

Bah, if this was 6 months ago when I had the cash I'd have been down the A1 to Leeds in a flash, as I was lusting over this the last time it was for sale on here! Bad timing!

GLWTS!

it's an absolute beaut, and the gold one, who's got that?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    It's the best looking new guitar I've seen in years. 
  • Sold!
  • sumacsumac Frets: 14
    Oh well, whoever got this one: if you ever decide you need to let it go, do let me know! 
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited January 2020
    Well I technically owned it for a little bit less than a day as my mate's online banking was being awkward and I'd bobbed along for the ride... Sadly he then got his bank to behave and sent me the money. It's a lovely thing, gotta say, I'm a huge fan of Wez's work.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    tony99 said:

Bah, if this was 6 months ago when I had the cash I'd have been down the A1 to Leeds in a flash, as I was lusting over this the last time it was for sale on here! Bad timing!

GLWTS!

Me.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Serious offer to the new owner, we could try and get both guitars together at some point since they're closely related.  Would make a good photo.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    I regret selling the '52.... And I regret not buying the' 55.              :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    tony99 said:

GLWTS!

Me.

you've got good taste chummer !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    tony99 said:

GLWTS!

Me.

Probably wrong to wow a picture of a guitar I made, but I really like that picture.

I have a weird mental block about guitars I haven't seen in a while... I just remember the bits I couldve done better, not how much I got right

All the pics in this thread are much better than the ones I take :)
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Amazing talent Wez !