Comments

• RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 401
    About time too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Now that interests me.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5036
    Me too. Surprised they’re not offering it with a 12” driver option though.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    Leo Fender must be laughing in his grave...

Actually to be fair, that isn't a bad price for a hand-wired 12W valve amp these days.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Me too. Surprised they’re not offering it with a 12” driver option though.
    They're probably going for vintage authenticity rather than a custom build, reckoning those are the players who'll pay the extra for hand wiring. 
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    Or you can buy my silverface '70s PR fitted with a 12" speaker, advertised on this very forum: 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/171582/silverface-princeton-reverb-aka-the-one-excellent-condition-12-speaker-1099#latest

Half the cash, and with the correct speaker for this amp (in my view...).
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    ICBM said:
    Leo Fender must be laughing in his grave...

Actually to be fair, that isn't a bad price for a hand-wired 12W valve amp these days.
    £2000 ?!?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

£2000 ?!?!
    Aren't most hand wired amps of the same sort of spec in that ballpark if you’re not buying direct from the builder?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    I.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I'm more interested that Andertons are stocking Badcat tbh. Gives a much better chance of folks knowing about them and (presumably) getting better availability
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Look at the price of the old ones. I've seen blackface models for 3k. The silvers are north of 1k already.
  • I could have got my PRRI completely handwired by Andy Dokken/RAT Amps with major upgrades inc more clean headroom and half power for just under £600. I still think the PRRI is the best home/small gig amp available
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    I could have got my PRRI completely handwired by Andy Dokken/RAT Amps with major upgrades inc more clean headroom and half power for just under £600. I still think the PRRI is the best home/small gig amp available

and if Andy was selling his services to Andertons say that would cost you - £600 + 30 to 40% + VAT = £1000 for that same service + the cost of the original amp.

£2000 is a great price considering international shipping, warranty allowance and that there is an actual tax paying business behind the product. however if it was me in the UK I would get a Rift PR18 (excluding the fact that I build my own)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    I could have got my PRRI completely handwired by Andy Dokken/RAT Amps with major upgrades inc more clean headroom and half power for just under £600. I still think the PRRI is the best home/small gig amp available

and if Andy was selling his services to Andertons say that would cost you - £600 + 30 to 40% + VAT = £1000 for that same service + the cost of the original amp.

£2000 is a great price considering international shipping, warranty allowance and that there is an actual tax paying business behind the product. however if it was me in the UK I would get a Rift PR18 (excluding the fact that I build my own)
    What do you think if the build quality?
    This is the ‘64 deluxe reverb.  Is that in a par with other £2k plus handwired amps?

https://youtu.be/4GGVmnFnuQE

tFB Trader

This is the ‘64 deluxe reverb.  Is that in a par with other £2k plus handwired amps?

I don't think it would be really fair for me to comment publicly, there are many USA boutique brands that are shocking internally and far far worse than this. It is typical Fender wiring.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I don't think it would be really fair for me to comment publicly, there are many USA boutique brands that are shocking internally and far far worse than this. It is typical Fender wiring.

Fair enough.  It's not just wiring though, component choice I was thinking of also.  PTP amps look like a rats nest so I know the perceived neatness doesn't tell the whole story.
    tFB Trader

Fair enough.  It's not just wiring though, component choice I was thinking of also.  PTP amps look like a rats nest so I know the perceived neatness doesn't tell the whole story.
    Yip, It is built to meet a price point, even using the printed circuit board feeds into that, but then they still use cloth covered wire, so really a strange selection of what is important and what is not

It's considerably better than some "high end" brands I can think of, both for actual quality of construction and for serviceability.

You can also be sure it will comply with all relevant safety regulations, which is questionable with a few imported amps I've seen.

edited January 2020
    I'd put the Gartone-upgraded Princeton (for sale here) up against one of these any day.