Microsoft's New Edge Chromium

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Just downloaded and installed Microsoft's new browser which is a totally new version of Edge developed in Chromium  and am impressed - lightening fast with some nice features. Chrome has a competitor.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    People are creatures of habits, and I fear Microsoft have left it too late to be a big player in the younger generation (digital natives)

However, hope it goes well, and stays secure...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    How many times have they tried...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why does it sound the same as Chrome?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

prowla said:
    How many times have they tried...?
    Redeveloping it in Chromium is a big deal - whether people will switch is another view. I guess corporates might go for it and as it ships with new PCs it might boost numbers. I use Firefox and Chrome so this is the first time I've seen Edge.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    Currently a very unattractive, very basic 500 error. It maybe that popular the server can't cope but not even a custom error page from one of the largest companies on the planet?
  • Why does it sound the same as Chrome?
    Because they're both based on an Open Source browser project called Chromium. Curiously, that is developed by Google. 
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    I downloaded yesterday and I'm impressed.  Obviously it's very similar to Chrome, but it's lightning fast for me.   I've added most of the Chrome extensions I use and everything's going well so far.  I'm just checking that it syncs everything via Google, and I'll probably stick with it instead of Chrome for now.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    M$ have tried developing their own browser, stealing Firefox, and now stealing Chrome.
    The problem is that the company had the attention span of a goldfish and will lose interest in this iteration and move on to something else before it's properly developed.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Bod said:
    I downloaded yesterday and I'm impressed.  Obviously it's very similar to Chrome, but it's lightning fast for me.   I've added most of the Chrome extensions I use and everything's going well so far.  I'm just checking that it syncs everything via Google, and I'll probably stick with it instead of Chrome for now.

Does the Web Developer extension work in it?