New Eastman models - Junior and DC Junior, 54 Custom

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
edited January 2020 in Guitar
These look good, finish looks nice, Lollar P90...

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/electric_solid_body
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited January 2020
    Look nice! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    edited January 2020
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    No debate is there about who they are influenced by and what they see as there market place

The antique varnish colour on the S/cut looks more than acceptable, but don't like the colour/tone of the finish on the DC model 

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    No debate is there about who they are influenced by and what they see as there market place

The antique varnish colour on the S/cut looks more than acceptable, but don't like the colour/tone of the finish on the DC model 

I find the Eastman finishes an odd mix. The sunburst finish on my E10ss is absolutely lovely but the "Trump Face Orange" they do makes me want to tear the eyes from my head. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Fuengi said:

I find the Eastman finishes an odd mix. The sunburst finish on my E10ss is absolutely lovely but the "Trump Face Orange" they do makes me want to tear the eyes from my head. 
    I know where you are coming from - Some of the 'violin' old style bursts can look appertizing
    Fuengi said:

I know where you are coming from - Some of the 'violin' old style bursts can look appertizing

Yep. I like the natural colours on something like an old Ibanez GB10 and maybe the Eastman orange will fade over time. 

This is my E10ss, much nicer in the flesh and the sunburst grades in nicely.

Sorry for the thread derailment! 

• Not only a '54, but one with a proper "staple" pickup...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:

Yep. I like the natural colours on something like an old Ibanez GB10 and maybe the Eastman orange will fade over time. 

This is my E10ss, much nicer in the flesh and the sunburst grades in nicely.

Sorry for the thread derailment! 

The traditional violin side of building for Eastman ensures they do a good job of such colours/finishes - That looks like I'd expect from a such a guitar
  • Noice  <3
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    That 54 Custom looks fantastic. If I had the cash, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Got to love Eastman.  Laying to rest the myth that all Chinese guitars are rubbish.  Making Gibson's own range look both gimmicky and stale.  Pretty much every guitar they make is desirable, even the jazz boxes I have no interest in (yet!) look delicious.  I've yet to play an Eastman electric, but the two acoustics I have are superb instrumi.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Got to love Eastman.  Laying to rest the myth that all Chinese guitars are rubbish.  Making Gibson's own range look both gimmicky and stale.  Pretty much every guitar they make is desirable, even the jazz boxes I have no interest in (yet!) look delicious.  I've yet to play an Eastman electric, but the two acoustics I have are superb instrumi.
    I have a very discerning customer - owned/played all the Historic this, Custom Shop that, Masterbuilt wow, True Vintage blah blah etc - He still owns a couple, but mainly now plays a Eastman LP style for live work - He said get over the fact that it doesn't say Gibson on the headstock, or accept the fact that it is built in China, but the way these guitars feel, play, sound and cost less than 2K is crazy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Got to love Eastman.  Laying to rest the myth that all Chinese guitars are rubbish.  Making Gibson's own range look both gimmicky and stale.  Pretty much every guitar they make is desirable, even the jazz boxes I have no interest in (yet!) look delicious.  I've yet to play an Eastman electric, but the two acoustics I have are superb instrumi.
    I have a very discerning customer - owned/played all the Historic this, Custom Shop that, Masterbuilt wow, True Vintage blah blah etc - He still owns a couple, but mainly now plays a Eastman LP style for live work - He said get over the fact that it doesn't say Gibson on the headstock, or accept the fact that it is built in China, but the way these guitars feel, play, sound and cost less than 2K is crazy
    Aye, their acoustics are incredible too - even the cheap ones are more than worth the money! If you ever get a chance to play one of the varnish-finished J45 types though they'll stand up against any other brand as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to get one :)
    Is it just me or are there no prices on the new models? 
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    That 54 Les Paul lookalike is superb.  I've been close to pulling the trigger on one of their SB models for a while, many forum threads all over the place on how good they are.  I've had one of their acoustics for a few years now, still completely happy with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I agree with this, I spent a fair bit of time in Sounds Great playing the SB59s and they were as good as any CS Gibson Les Paul I’ve owned, and I’ve loved the Gibson’s I’ve had. I ended up trying a T59V and it was great so bought it. I’d love to try that SB54.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Fuengi said:
    Just you, they came up when I had a gander, around €2k. 
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a TV yellow though
    Fuengi said:
    Just you, they came up when I had a gander, around €2k. 
    Nope. Definitely no prices coming up on the two new models for me! The LP shaped black thing at the bottom of the page they want £2k for, that comes up but nada for the SB55's.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    drpbier said:

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a TV yellow though
    That’s what I’d like to see, a single cut TV yellow junior. That’s not asking for too much is it?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.