Delay recommendations

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited January 2020 in FX
I'm after recommendations for a delay (new or used) for under £200. Requirements are:
Presets
Tap tempo
Subdivision selector
Display/screen ideally but not essential

Any suggestions? I don't want Nova Delay (selling mine) or DD20
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3806
    The new Boss DD200.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    DD200
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    edited January 2020
    Source Audio Nemesis has all of that apart from a display. Huge number of great sounds and deep dive editing if you want it. I happen to be selling one -  https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/171518/fs-source-audio-nemesis

In the interest of balance I should point out that @Dopesick is selling a DD200: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/171808/fs-boss-dd-200

TC Flashback X4 would also fit the requirements (again, apart from a display) and has a looper as well, and would be well under budget secondhand. Big pedal though.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Agh I just sold my DD-200 what shitty timing! Still shouldn’t be too long before another one comes up.
  • If I decided that the screen wasn't a deal breaker, what else is worth looking at?
  • markv said:
    Source Audio Nemesis has all of that apart from a display. Huge number of great sounds and deep dive editing if you want it. I happen to be selling one -  https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/171518/fs-source-audio-nemesis

In the interest of balance I should point out that @Dopesick is selling a DD200: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/171808/fs-boss-dd-200

TC Flashback X4 would also fit the requirements (again, apart from a display) and has a looper as well, and would be well under budget secondhand. Big pedal though.
    The size really puts me off the TC Flashback X4. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Quite hard not to say DD200 as it ticks all your boxes, a smidge over £200 new and is very small compared to the Flashback X4 ( I think if anything possibly too small for something that needs a degree of fancy footwork).  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    The DD-200 is the best sounding delay pedal I have had, and I've had a few. 

Below that but still excellent is the EHX Grand Canyon, has presets for every delay type, lots of modulation parameters and sounds gorgeous. 

The Grand is definitely worth going for over the regular pedal sized one. 
  • Another vote for the DD-200 here. Love mine and the presets are ace.
  • Fuengi said:

Below that but still excellent is the EHX Grand Canyon, has presets for every delay type, lots of modulation parameters and sounds gorgeous. 

Calling Dopesick:
    I have a good memory and am fairly sure I PMed Dopesick about his Grand Canyon months ago.
    I think he needs to fill us in on why he got rid of both a Grand Canyon and a DD200!
    Gas, Strymon envy?

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Fuengi said:

Calling Dopesick:
    I have a good memory and am fairly sure I PMed Dopesick about his Grand Canyon months ago.
    I think he needs to fill us in on why he got rid of both a Grand Canyon and a DD200!
    Gas, Strymon envy?

He's clearly hard to please! Care to comment @Dopesick
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    I got rid of them because I have a major problem hanging on to delay pedals.

In all honesty, they're both awesome delays that are quite dissimilar. Neither is better than the other and they're capable of pretty much anything you throw at them. I personally think the delays sounded better on the GC but there was much more flexibility on the DD-200, as well as a wider variety of sounds and it was dead easy to use. Plus, the latest update going up to 128 presets is an absolute game changer. However I think it's all down to taste - I'd say try both out and see what you prefer.

The only reason I don't own either of them right now is I am going for a two delay set up: one meat-and-potatoes delay (Digitech Obscura) and a real headfuck kinda delay (Red Panda Particle V2).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    I've yet to watch a second of this but noticed TPS are doing a how to choose which delay is right for you; it's a common enough issue on here 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.