PRS Experience 2020

What's Hot
Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
Having been I suppose a bit of a fanboy on and off since 1989 finally got round to finding time to go and do this. 
Obviously not the most popular forum brand :-) but one I have enjoyed over the years and this being year 60 for me it is one of the bucket list guitar things left to do. Going with my best mate and we are doing another bucket list Nashville and various places as a bit of a road trip first. 

Any Fretboarders from the UK heading to the experience 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No interest really but just got a 2000 McCarty with rosewood neck today. Great guitars. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    edited January 2020
    I’m not sure about the brand’s popularity on the forum - there are quite a few DGT players on here (me included).

I’m sure it’ll be a great event - Paul is a self-publicist of the highest order - which is not meant pejoratively. In my view he’s changed the guitar industry. Quality is something he’s influenced across the board - he’s proved it’s possible to make guitars to the highest standards in very large numbers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14187
    tFB Trader
    @Jez6345789 ; - As a former PRS dealer I've been to previous Experience events about 4 or 5 times - But not for few years now, so they may well have changed some of the format - But for a PRS fan, or indeed a guitar fan, then it is a good 2/3 day trip - Big stage with evening entertainment with a house band and various names (some more well known than others) joining in -  During the day time the same stage will host various clinics, that are product based - Smaller stages/tents throughout the factory grounds with seminars regarding products, finishing, pick-ups, product demos etc etc

Factory tours - Merchandise tents 

Whilst PRS do not sell guitars direct to the public, there use to be a retail area were various USA dealers had a stand of nice guitars for sale

A host of public in attendance that are just guitar fans like me and you so chill out and chat 

Various food/refreshment tents on site

The town itself is nice with a few decent hotels - The area is nice on the Chesapeake Bay - Like a large Devon/Dartmouth type of area - Former Red Coat territory so plenty of Colonial interest - Washington itself only a short trip away - So easy to add a few days extra and enjoy the area 

If you can afford the time and funds then a great trip
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    PRS 594 is amazing. Very jealous you are going to Nashville  :o
  • I thought I'd owned my last PRS when I sold my DGT, but then a Semi hollow 594 came up used and I realised that spec-wise it hit a lot of nails on the head for me.  Around 7lbs and the f-hole made it look a bit less "rock" which is a plus in my book. Unfortunately I didn't move fast enough to bag that one, but PRS has my attention again.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Well Jealous. I’m open minded about PRS. I’ve got one and they are great guitars. 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    thanks@guitars4you

Its been on the list for a few years last time I had the money I had to give it to a Dentist to fix my ageing teeth. LOL
    Should be a great weekend 

As for Nashville, any pointers to the less yah hoo tourist country style places neither myself or my mate are really into that for more than 30 minutes :-)  we are going to do the classic guitar shops and chill for a few days and hopefully take in some good music.