Possible new studio project - don't hold your breath.

camfcamf Frets: 1190
edited January 2020 in Off Topic
Not sure if anyone can help with this, but I've been to see a really interesting property with potential to have a studio/workshop space. It would need a lot of refurb but as part of a larger project, it could make sense. However, it currently has an asbestos roof that I'd want to replace. I realise I'd need to get proper survey and estimates done but I haven't even got the slightest idea how much having a new roof might cost. I realise it's ludicrous to even ask this, with the scant information I have, but this place has thrown up amazing information in the past so I'm giving it a go. It's a pitched roof and the joists etc seem good, so I think it should be mainly just removing and then replacing the asbestos sheets. I'm wondering if anyone has a wild guess at what the very rough cost might be per square meter before I go much further. UPDATED - SORTED FOR NOW. Expensive, but not a total deal-breaker but loads to think about and most likely it won't happen.

I'll post more details as I get them and might put up a build thread if, by any miracle, it all comes together and goes ahead. Mainly because I've enjoyed other people's studio build threads in the past.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom