SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Fancy a Gretsch of sorts, vintage & modern considered.

DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
edited January 2020 in Guitars £
I once played a 60's Jet Firebird singlecut a few years ago and I vowed to buy one at some point, it was very special indeed.  I also had a love affair with a 60's Country Gent for a few months when the owner was out of the country but it had to be returned.

I'd consider either vintage USA or modern Japanese (all original if vintage please, and no structural repairs), not the Players Edition and not an Electromatic.  Stern Masterbuilt also an option.

It also must have a Bigsby and Filtertrons (TV Jones a plus but no Powertrons).  I prefer singlecut Jets and double cut thinlines, and I don't want anything deep bodied.

If it's a Jet, ideally it'd be something other than black although I'd consider it if the price is right.  Happy with sparkly paint jobs too.

Based in the Cotswolds, happy to travel for the right guitar.

Cheers for looking.

Now sorted.  Thanks all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    We are all Chameleons...
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    TonyR said:
    I've seen that, lovely guitar but the doublecut thinllines are my preference.

Cheers.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    edited January 2020
    I'm selling a mint condition 59 Vintage select duo jet (bought new in 2017).
    brooom said:
    I'm selling a mint condition 59 Vintage select duo jet (bought new in 2017).

Thanks, that would be ideal for me other than the colour - it's definitely on my radar though.

Cheers.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    @Dodge 6122-Junior? See my advert
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    Anchorboy said:
    @Dodge 6122-Junior? See my advert

Hi mate - lovely guitar and would probably be right up my street but I definitely want to try before I buy, and Belfast isn't exactly convenient.  Cheers though and GLWTS.
  • Got a Gretsch White Penguin that may be up your street? G6134T-58 Vintage Select Model. Have upgraded the bridge to a Gotoh Nashville Bridge but original still in the case.
    Got a Gretsch White Penguin that may be up your street? G6134T-58 Vintage Select Model. Have upgraded the bridge to a Gotoh Nashville Bridge but original still in the case.

Yep, might be.  Price, pics and location?  I can't find a for sale post for it.
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    @tele69 has a great value Setzer Hot Rod for sale?
    hairmetal said:
    @tele69 has a great value Setzer Hot Rod for sale?
    Thanks, but that'll a deep body.  I'm way too fat fot that.

Cheers.

• Dodge said:
    Got a Gretsch White Penguin that may be up your street? G6134T-58 Vintage Select Model. Have upgraded the bridge to a Gotoh Nashville Bridge but original still in the case.

Yep, might be.  Price, pics and location?  I can't find a for sale post for it.
    Send me a PM and I can send you some pics and details friend. Just out at work now, or can post some pics this evening. Based in Leeds but do travel.
  • Got a 1990 6121 Roundup with upgraded tv jones duo trons, upgraded wiring and a tru arc bridge if that is of interest?