Pitch pedals with blend controls or separate level controls

What's Hot
Been thinking about this. What pitch pedals offer a blend control, or at least separate level controls over wet and dry?

EHX Pitchfork, Boss PS-6, EHX Pog, Micro Pog, and Nano Pog.

Anything else? The Digitech Whammy and Ricochet pedals do not offer it, the only offer dry+octave modes, which are not controllable enough to be useful IMHO - the blend is fixed at 50/50 and usually for me it sounds better with more of a 70/30 towards the dry sound.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeyrohKeyroh Frets: 59
    I think EHX are coming out with a Pitchfork+ soon too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    You could always run your pitch pedal of choice through a  Boss LS2 which will allow you to blend to your heart's  content. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10201
    Pitchfork is a really cool and easy to use pedal, for what it's worth. 
  • Tc Brainwaves?
  • Yep, Pitchfork+ is the one I'm waiting for!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    edited January 2020
    Danelectro Chilli Dog? Cheap n cheerful, had one years ago. I has a PS-6 and the sweet spot is defo around that 70/30 mark on the mix knob for most of the sounds. 
  • Line 6 M5 has this, so I assume the Helix family do too, although none of them are "A Pedal" in the way the ones you mention are.

FWIW, given its age and outdatedness, the M5 does a bunch of pitch stuff you still can't get all in one place from other pitch shifters- MIDI control, presets, some fairly unusual scales to harmonize in...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    T-Rex Quint
  • Beexter said:
    You could always run your pitch pedal of choice through a  Boss LS2 which will allow you to blend to your heart's  content. 
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    Beexter said:
    I'm fairly sure I've used the ones I've had more for this than any other application. They also have the great advantage that they have better switching and buffering than many pedals so they solve a lot of tone-suck problems. The only caveat is that if it's a digital pedal in the loop, it's likely to need a wet-only option or the latency will cause trouble when blended with the analogue dry signal. (Likewise with analogue pedals that reverse the overall phase, which some do.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Mr Black does an mini pedal which has three controls for low and high octave levels, and the original signal level:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-pedals/octave-pedals/mr-black-mini-octaves-pedal
  • Thanks for the input everyone.

I used my Pitch Fork at practice this weekend for a slow drawn out pitch-bending effect, and it worked quite well. So I think it's definitely an option to keep it, or wait for the Pitch Fork+ which will have more modes and presets and things.

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    I assume rack devices are not under consideration?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Also EHX Hog and Hog 2.
  • Nah, no rack things for me tbh!

Bye!