Sorted: Bass player wanted for Eastbourne jam on Sunday

What's Hot
steven70steven70 Frets: 246
edited January 22 in Personnel
Bass player needed.
New project, playing Blues/R&B- nothing controversial...early Stones, Yardbirds, Fleetwood Mac etc
Have a  good vocalist, drummer and lead guitar.

The bass player has flaked out - after long phone calls regaling me with tales of promoting Hawkwind in the 70s and being close mates with an ex member of the Fall, it seems he was reluctant to actually turn up with his bass and play.

Anyway, have a jam sesh booked Eastbourne this Sunday PM. 

If anyone wants to step in on bass for that session, you will be appreciated, whatever your ability or commitment.
If you like it, we can take it from there but no commitment expected at this stage, just be good to have some low end going.

Drop me a line if interested.

Cheers

Sorted: gosh golly that was easy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 395
    What is it with bassists?. We're looking for our 3rd in less than a year!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • steven70 said:
    Bass player needed.
    New project, playing Blues/R&B- nothing controversial...early Stones, Yardbirds, Fleetwood Mac etc
    Have a  good vocalist, drummer and lead guitar.

The bass player has flaked out - after long phone calls regaling me with tales of promoting Hawkwind in the 70s and being close mates with an ex member of the Fall, it seems he was reluctant to actually turn up with his bass and play.

Anyway, have a jam sesh booked Eastbourne this Sunday PM. 

If anyone wants to step in on bass for that session, you will be appreciated, whatever your ability or commitment.
    If you like it, we can take it from there but no commitment expected at this stage, just be good to have some low end going.

Drop me a line if interested.

Cheers

Sorted: gosh golly that was easy

Brilliant story - love these - maybe a thread on this subject if it's not already been done
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 246
    edited January 24
    Ah yeah, I honestly didn't know what 'no timewasters' meant until I started chatting to folks from the joinmyband site or equivalent....it's weird....met some decent folks as well, mind.

A few years ago, I put together a 'blues jam' with unknown people from the interweb. They actually all turned up.

The rhythm guitarist was a lovely bloke but deaf- he had two hearing aids which he turned off as the amp went up. Was some kind of Fender and loud, I mean really really loud, and really toppy. The guy was quite badly out of tune, but presumably it sounded OK to him.

The drummer was a young kid, not more than 18 who was so nervous he could just about tap along on the snare. You couldn't hear him anyway and he looked about to cry at the sheer volume of this guy and his Fender.

The singer made a big show of smoking a joint in front of everyone, telling everyone he liked it loud, before disappearing into his own fantasy world, wailing away like Rob Halford on a bad trip.

I hadn't brought earplugs. After a couple of polite "Do you think you ought to come down a touch" suggestions,  ended up stuffing bog roll in, although I think damage was done. Luckily was drinking back then, so the three hours passed somehow...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter