SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - JRockett/JRAD GTO Tour Series (Guthrie Trapp)

KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
edited April 2020 in FX £
Anyone got one of the GTO Tour Series ones in good conditon?

I can also offer a trade on a good condition JHS AT -
see https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172298/fs-ft-jhs-at-andy-timmons#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    I've got a Rockett Dude for sale. PMed.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2020
    PM'd @susbemol  and bought
    Bump
    Bump for GTO. Anyone selling/trading? 
    Bump
    Anything doing?
    Bump 
    Bump for a Guthrie Trapp (not rhyming slang)
  • Hope you find one, it's my favourite overdrive- it knocks just about everything off my board! Have a free bump...
    edited February 2020
    stefjudd said:
    Hope you find one, it's my favourite overdrive- it knocks just about everything off my board! Have a free bump...
    Thanks and still looking

Tried The Dude and GTO (both a mates) with my rig and loved them both. A Dude came up and I nabbed it and it's an excellent pedal. However, I soon realised my OCD, Keeley TS-808 and JHS AT covered the Dude territory, either individually or stacked and with a little help from my Xotic EP, but those GTO tones weren't in my arsenal. 
    Bump
    Anything doing?
    Bump
    edited April 2020
    stefjudd said:
    Hope you find one, it's my favourite overdrive- it knocks just about everything off my board! Have a free bump...
    @stefjudd - Hi, there. I've got one of these coming in today/this week (EDIT: ooh, it's arrived) and I wondered if you had any tips on settings or anything more to say on it? I briefly tried one and loved it/preferred it over The Dude.

I'm hoping to use it as part of a 3 OD/Boost combo, which has been my go to for many years. I currently have a Keeley TS-808 on v.low gain, a Xotic EP Booster and an OCD and I tend to use combinations of these pedals for various degrees of gain, but I do stack all 3 for a big 80s sound/Lukather lead.

My problem has been I don't like the mid-humped sound of the 808, and whilst it's a great pedal and isn't going anywhere, I don't use it on it's own for low gain, say Tom Petty, Stones' stuff as it's a little hard in sound, but it does work for that SRV thing. I'm hoping I can replace it with the GTO and set that up to stack well with the other pedals, but for it also to work well on its own as a rhythm or more spongy sound - think 'Boys of Summer' or early Bryan Adams.

I can't wait to plug this in and what a fabulous, dinky size, too, (forgot about that). Let's see if I get the 'JRAD bug' and want an an Archer or Calibre .45?
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 40
    Hey mate. Congrats on finding one- it's still my favourite pedal. I stack mine with a VS Audio Straight flush and a RC booster. I've generally found that it stacks well with just about every overdrive I've tried!
    It's a very warm pedal and I find that I need to wind the 'accent' control round to 2-3 o'clock and reduce the 'warmth' control a bit or it can make other pedals in a stack sound thin in comparison!
    I leave mine at the end of the chain to retain the character of the GTO as I love that tone.
    Apparently it's based on an ODR which makes sense as Guthrie is a long-time user of those. I have an ODR and they are quite different- the GTO definitely has it's own thing going on!
    Enjoy!
    stefjudd said:
    Hey mate. Congrats on finding one- it's still my favourite pedal. I stack mine with a VS Audio Straight flush and a RC booster. I've generally found that it stacks well with just about every overdrive I've tried!
    It's a very warm pedal and I find that I need to wind the 'accent' control round to 2-3 o'clock and reduce the 'warmth' control a bit or it can make other pedals in a stack sound thin in comparison!
    I leave mine at the end of the chain to retain the character of the GTO as I love that tone.
    Apparently it's based on an ODR which makes sense as Guthrie is a long-time user of those. I have an ODR and they are quite different- the GTO definitely has it's own thing going on!
    Enjoy!
    Thanks and I'll experiment with placement and the Accent.

I had an ODR and didn't like it. I don't know if mine was faulty but the bass thump was really prominent, but it sounded wrong.

I'll let you know - Cheers