SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD / Musicman John Petrucci JP16

What's Hot
flumpetflumpet Frets: 93
edited February 2020 in Guitars £
Here is my Musicman John Petrucci JP16, (2016) in Black Lava finish. Quite a rare guitar on the used market.

The guitar is in as close to new condition as is possible for a used guitar. I have owned it from new, it has never left the house.
There are no marks anywhere on the guitar. Anything that looks like marks or dents in the photos are just dust or reflections!

The highlights are:
Highly figured ebony fretboard,
Highly figured roasted flame maple neck,
24 Medium Jumbo Profile Stainless Steel Frets,
Rock solid floyd rose trem,
Sleek black sparkle (Lava) finish,

Adjustable gain boost via push pot on the volume knob,
Coil split/tap via push pot on tone knob
DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasy Pickups.

It is a rock/metal monster. Effortless to play, setup with a low action and 09-46 strings. The back of the neck is so smooth and fast. I have given it another coat of gunstock wax, as recommended by Music man.

If you take a look at images around the internet of this model you will find quite a variation in the ebony used for the fretboards. Some are very flat grey, others show some grain and tones within the wood.
This fretboard has amazing grain and patterning, it's my favorite thing about the guitar in terms of visuals.

I have a thing for Musicman guitars and the JP model in particular. I've owned three other JP guitars over the years including an original JP6 and a BFR (sold on here), this one is the best of the lot.
This is actually a BFR (Ball Family Reserve) please see the image of the Certificate Of Authenticity card.

Obviously the original Musicman hardcase with all case candy is included. 

Price £1800 PPG £1700

No longer looking for trades, unless it's with a lot of cash my way.

UK only please.

Will be posted via Parcelforce 24hr for £25 or can be collected from the Carmarthen area of south west Wales.
Also listed on another site, lower price here of course.

Any questions, please ask.

Next up, is my Charvel So Cal, Made in Japan, snow white.

I originally bought this on here back in 2014 from @Darren ;;;;;;;;;;;   Then I traded it about a year later to @Travisthedog then I regretted it and bought it back from him some time later, that bit is a bit fuzzy. 

Anyway, I said I would never sell it, but here I am!
As I remember Travis (John) added a push/pull coil tap/split to the volume knob, a very useful addition.

Condition wise, it is very clean. I can't find any dents, really good used condition.
No issues, plays like a dream. A tiny bit of fretware on the 3-5 frets, very minor though, nothing to effect playing.
Trem works as it should.

I cannot compare it to the new Mexican ones as I haven't tried one. In my opinion though the necks/fretboards on these older MIJ ones are much more attractive, nice tint and wood grain. The neck is as smooth and comfortable as you could imagine.

The serial begins with number is JC10, I believe this means it's from 2010 which sounds about right.

Includes  the original Charvel hardcase in very good condition. 
The backplate is now back on the guitar.

Price £550 PPG  Price drop £500  Price drop £475 Sold for £475

UK only please.

Will be posted via Parcelforce 24hr for £25 or can be collected from the Carmarthen area of south west Wales.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Shiny
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
    I didn't know the jp had a Floyd option! That is beautiful!
  • flumpetflumpet Frets: 93
    Yes the JP16 is the only JP model with a Floyd and I agree it is very beautiful and very shiny!
    I am now also open to trade offers! I've sold one guitar now so the pressure is off.
    Charvel So-Cal MIJ now added above
    Bump!
    I do have the original Charvel hardcase, i've amended the details above.
    If anyone would like additional photos of any aspect of each guitar, just ask.
    MM Petrucci JP16 Withdrawn. I made the mistake of playing it last night, it's staying!
    Charvel So-Cal still available and reduced to £475. I think that's a great price for an excellent condition, played in, 10 year old made in Japan So-Cal.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    Sent you P.M. I want the So cal please
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• Replied!
  • The Charvel So-Cal has now sold to @kipple. Good to meet you this morning Ian, I'm really happy that it has gone back to it's original owner.

The Musicman JP16 is back up for sale. The price is now set to £1800 firm. I think that is a very fair price, any lower and I would definitely regret it. I will leave it here and bump occasionally. 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Two very nice guitars
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    flumpet said:
    The Charvel So-Cal has now sold to @kipple. Good to meet you this morning Ian, I'm really happy that it has gone back to it's original owner.

The Musicman JP16 is back up for sale. The price is now set to £1800 firm. I think that is a very fair price, any lower and I would definitely regret it. I will leave it here and bump occasionally. 

Good to meet you too Nick. I'm very happy to have the guitar back.
    Thanks Ian
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• JP16 still available bump.
  • I've just had a sale fall through at the last minute, annoying but hey ho. 
    I'm now offering the same deal price for everyone. £1700 PPG + £25 delivery if needed.

I took new detail photos for the would be buyer, so I have included them below.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No one fancies a mint condition Petrucci tastic shredders dream guitar? Bump
  • Just sold for £1775 over on ebay for a £1 selling fee
  • Congratulations! Definitely want to try one of these at some point.
  • Thanks :) All JP guitars are great and this JP16 model had a perfect combination of good looks and useful features.
    Will be sad to see it go.