My wife constructs

What's Hot
Watching Return of the Jedi with my step son while my wife is upstairs making a set of drawers.
I suddenly heard a lot of shouting so went up and she's screwed the handle to what will be the inside of the drawer and then stripped the screw trying to get it off again.

Took the drawer and went to find my flat head screwdriver, but straight away there's nothing for it to catch on to at all.
I took it back to her and started to go get my dremel, but before I can tell my plan she comes out with "it wasn't this tight before! All you've done is tighten it!"
Nearly fell down the stairs my eyes had rolled that far back in my head. Went out and got the dremel and returned to find the drawer in the unit and my wife breathing heavily.

"Is that the drawer? The handle is the right way round, what happened?"
"Oh I couldn't think what to do so I just tore it off with my hands and put it back the right way. The handle is a bit bent but it's ok"

I just backed away and didn't ask more questions.
6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    hold onto her mate, seriously, a woman with such strength in her own convictions (and hands) is one that doesn't come along often, you're a lucky guy

salud hermano !
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Reminds me of one-eyed Nadine in Twin Peaks, the one with superhuman strength who was obsessed with silent curtain rails.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    edited January 2020
    See.....  that would have been a capital offence in my house.  I'd have had to have buried her under the patio for that.

I can't tolerate engineering stupidity.  I don't care if it's from a woman with zero practical skills or a child with undeveloped motor skills - or indeed complete blindness or even a lack of limbs.  If you attempt a job that involves tools, do it right - or get in the fucking sea.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    edited January 2020
    We have a laminated sign on the hot water urn/boiler thing in the office kitchen advising everyone to turn the tap 90 degrees when finished as it stops dripping then.  It's been like that for six months and has a bowl there to catch the drips.  I'm fighting the urge to write underneath "OR YOU COULD JUST GET THE FUCKING 20p WASHER REPLACED !!"
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'd have had to have buried her under the patio for that.
    Good job you haven't finished it yet.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    She sounds like my dad. If it won't fit, use brute force. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    You're lucky she even attempts that sort of work, my ex couldn't even empty the Dyson, silly bitch.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    My house would be the opposite situation - Me sorting the drawers with youngest daughter helping whilst Mrs A vegetates in front of the TV. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Came home from work one day to find a hole in the basement door. Asked what had happened, thinking she'd booted it through. 

"Its a cat flap"

"Where's the flap?"

"I only had a hacksaw and it was hurting me so I stopped. They can get through though".

The hole was in the centre of the door, so I've no idea how she got it started.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    Came home from work one day to find a hole in the basement door. Asked what had happened, thinking she'd booted it through. 

"Its a cat flap"

"Where's the flap?"

"I only had a hacksaw and it was hurting me so I stopped. They can get through though".

The hole was in the centre of the door, so I've no idea how she got it started.
    You do have at least one cat right?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'd have had to have buried her under the patio for that.
    Good job you haven't finished it yet.
    I did think it was highly ironic that Emp was commenting on a diy thread
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    We have a laminated sign on the hot water urn/boiler thing in the office kitchen advising everyone to turn the tap 90 degrees when finished as it stops dripping then.  It's been like that for six months and has a bowl there to catch the drips.  I'm fighting the urge to write underneath "OR YOU COULD JUST GET THE FUCKING 20p WASHER REPLACED !!"
    I love the way you managed to follow the previous post with something involving the word laminated. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18661
    edited January 2020
    I think I have seen Mrs.D...
    You won't like her when she's angry.
    Image result for female hulk