Just a Minute Nicholas Parsons RIP

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2281
    Wonderful, talented, good natured gent. A top professional respected and loved to the end.

The kind of innings we all dream of.

My whole family love Just a Minute. 

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7839
    Damn shame. Loved Just a minute.  I’m guessing Giles Brandeth will take the helm. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Listened to Just a Minute for as long as I can remember.  Always liked it. 
    There's a special edition on right now -- brilliant compilation of so many voices from over the years.
    And Nicholas Parsons -- kept it right to the end.
    Feeling quite nostalgic.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22768
    Jalapeno said:
     Brucie who could be sharp witted but warm and  good with people. RIP.    

Always thought Brucie was a complete git.  He always played people for laughs to make him look good.
    That's not how I remember him but been a long time. I was watching an interview with Jade Adams and she was saying she was inspired to get into comedy by Michael Barrymore because he was funny yet good with people yet I thought the same about him as you do about Bruce.

Barrymore's reputation has been tarnished, largely by his own making, but if you watch old episodes of Strike It Lucky he's absolutely brilliant with the contestants.  The game itself would only take a few minutes, the rest of it is all him bantering with the guests.  And he knows how to play them, some he's nice to, others don't mind him taking the piss.

Forsyth, Barrymore, Des O'Connor, Bob Monkhouse - all probably hated as much as they were loved, but they were all very good at what they did.

Parsons is different, everyone seems to like him, although there was probably a time - 1980s? - when he was seen as a bit old-fashioned and "establishment".

• rlwrlw Frets: 4693
    Philly_Q said:
    Jalapeno said:
     Brucie who could be sharp witted but warm and  good with people. RIP.    

Always thought Brucie was a complete git.  He always played people for laughs to make him look good.
    That's not how I remember him but been a long time. I was watching an interview with Jade Adams and she was saying she was inspired to get into comedy by Michael Barrymore because he was funny yet good with people yet I thought the same about him as you do about Bruce.

Barrymore's reputation has been tarnished, largely by his own making, but if you watch old episodes of Strike It Lucky he's absolutely brilliant with the contestants.  The game itself would only take a few minutes, the rest of it is all him bantering with the guests.  And he knows how to play them, some he's nice to, others don't mind him taking the piss.

Forsyth, Barrymore, Des O'Connor, Bob Monkhouse - all probably hated as much as they were loved, but they were all very good at what they did.

Parsons is different, everyone seems to like him, although there was probably a time - 1980s? - when he was seen as a bit old-fashioned and "establishment".

He was a friend of my wife’s family - all tv and  acting people.  He was never establishment ....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I cant imagine there is anyone with a bad word to say about Nick Parsons.  Marvellous chap.  Will be much missed.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Live from Norwich ( Oxymoron )..........It's the Sale of the Century
    All hostess trolleys , Goblin Teasmades , Electric Trouser Press and other assorted 1970s household goods or even a fully paid holiday for a week in Torquay at a 4 star Hotel .
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I fervently hope Gyles Brandreth doesn't take over Nicholas Parson's job.
    I didn't particularly like Just a Minute but I liked Nicholas Parsons. He was a funny, kind and interesting man.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7839
    ....the minute waltz fades away.....
  • Dominic said:
    Live from Norwich ( Oxymoron )..........It's the Sale of the Century
    All hostess trolleys , Goblin Teasmades , Electric Trouser Press and other assorted 1970s household goods or even a fully paid holiday for a week in Torquay at a 4 star Hotel .

Plus Peter Fenn on Hammond Organ...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    In Private Eye...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom