SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG 50s Tribute with upgrades

OrsomeWellsOrsomeWells Frets: 58
edited April 2020 in Guitars £
Gibson 50s Tribute (2013) with upgrades:
  • Bigsby Tremolo
  • Fletcher Pickups P90s (Alnico V, Sandcasted magnets)
  • Tusq XL Nut
  • Hiscox Liteflite Hard Case
  • Plain truss rod cover

In pretty good condition overall, there are some indentations near the Bigsby plate which you can see in one of the photos, but they're only obvious at certain angles/lighting conditions. There are also some indentations on the back of the guitar but again they're only really visible at certain angles. The satin finish on this model is very thin so it is definitely prone to knocks as it doesn't have a thick coating of poly to protect it. 

The Fletcher P90 pickups sound great in this guitar, a lot better than the overly hot Gibson P90s that were stock (these are not included) There is the Gibson PCB in this guitar - the current P90s have been soldered directly to the pads but could easily be removed. If I was keeping the guitar I'd consider ripping out the PCB and putting in a decent wiring harness, but TBH I can't say that the PCB has any detrimental tonal effect that I can tell so it's probably unnecessary.

Being a 2013 model, it has the Grover tuners rather than the ill advised motorised tuners that appeared on later versions.

As well as it's playing and aesthetic qualities, the Bigsby acts as a nice bit of ballast which helps balance out the guitar somewhat and makes it a bit less less prone to SG neck-dive

The Bigsby can be removed with the only screw holes being 4x screws around the strap-lock.

If I had to state a negative it would be tuning stability - it's an SG and it has a Bigsby so it's somewhat expected I guess - but I've counteracted this somewhat with the Tusq nut, but I think a roller bridge would definitely help but I just haven't been playing it enough to warrant sorting it out unfortunately.

The Hiscox case is in used but good condition, all the catches work and no rips to the inner fabric etc.

£600PPG inc shipping

(This is also on eBay and Reverb but at a higher price)

Would consider trades for:
  • Gretsch G5420TG in white or black, plus cash my way
  • Fender Strat - Rosewood board - Classic Player, Classic Series or above, plus cash in either direction

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments