SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

f/s or trade Heatley removed

What's Hot

Comments

• I would say a medium can shape
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I would say a medium can shape

?????

What?

spenietele ...

you're running several ads for guitars ... and you don't seem to want to give all the information you could ...

multiple photographs from different angles, including close-ups,

descriptions that included measurements, defects, wear & tear, the guitar's history and usage etc etc.

I'm not trying to be offensive.  I'm trying to be helpful.

• Sorry predictive txt it's s med c shape good condition but a couple of little dinks but over all good shape. Neck shows no sign off where to frets
  • close2u said:

descriptions that included measurements, defects, wear & tear, the guitar's history and usage etc etc.

To be fair, in the title he does say it's a "beater"  :)

I'd be tempted at the new price if it were closer to me.
  • Used to own this also. Certainly is quality for the money. Think I used to have an idea that these were stainless steel frets, as lack of wear didn't seem proportional, and didn't think it had been re-fretted. Could be wrong.
    edited September 2013

so at least three owners on this forum ... some history / detail etc coming out - provenance as the antique dealers might say .... goodie

• Not sure why you need a detailed history of a guitar, it's not a used car. It's a nice guitar, verified by several people, and for about half the price of a used Les Paul.

But I agree, some pic's would help: http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/Stevieb76/library/Heatley

Yeah ... it's the lack of pics and detailed description beyond the bare facts ... I'm not really thinking that a full history is needed ... I guess I'm exaggerating to make a point and help the OP ... he has other guitars for sale with just one, not great, photograph

Because it is an 'unusual' guitar too there won't be thouands of google hits to fill in any other detail.

I googled this earlier ... pics like this are definitely good:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-sale-trade-wanted/139747-heatley-tradition-looking-gain-y-amp-uk.html

• Ok fellas I will sort some out tonight prob is I only have phone cam and phone internet so I'm a little stumped but I do understand your points and I do agree I will see wot I can CO2
  • I know him well, and have seen this guitar - it's the one in the sevenstring forum. he has great taste only buys the best. 
  • Thanks Matt I'm getting some serious stick on here my pc is bust and I'm trying to do all on my phone.
  • I know him well, and have seen this guitar - it's the one in the sevenstring forum. he has great taste only buys the best. 
    So does it weigh 8.8 pounds or " Just a hair under 9.5lbs" as here
  • That depends on whose scales your using I suppose on both sets of mine its between 8.4 and 8.6 so I took the middle but feels very comfy on a strap and very well balanced
  • Sorry 8.7 and 8.9 I should have said
  • find another forum spence ... this one seems to be struggling to recapture the spirit of MR. stick it on ebay with yr phone number, someone will do a deal. i'm not interested in case your scales are out by a few ounces. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Matt I'm getting some serious stick on here my pc is bust and I'm trying to do all on my phone.

Just trying to help you make the best ad you can  - honestly and truly (apart from the plays like butter comment)  - vitally important on a 'niche' guitar I would say - this and your other guitar are real tempters on the GAS front - but there are so many unknowns and questions that extra photos and a few detailed words of description could address ...

:)

• GuitarMonkey;41406" said:
    mattacjones said:

I know him well, and have seen this guitar - it's the one in the sevenstring forum. he has great taste only buys the best. 

So does it weigh 8.8 pounds or " Just a hair under 9.5lbs" as here? 
  • spenietele;42207" said:
    [quote="GuitarMonkey;41406"]mattacjones said:

I know him well, and have seen this guitar - it's the one in the sevenstring forum. he has great taste only buys the best. 

So does it weigh 8.8 pounds or " Just a hair under 9.5lbs" as here? 
    [/quote]
    Thanks guitar monkey been trying to get a link up from there with no success.
  • Guitar still for sale as guitar I'm after has now been sold
    Anybody is more than welcome to try this guitar if your in the area
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll embed the photos so that everyone can see what a great-looking guitar this is: