Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

We have lost one of our own! BJ @Bigjon - Funeral detail added.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Terrible news. Played with him Quad jam, was totally amazed at how such a big guy could manage such a (relatively) tiny guitar...

You'll be missed, dude.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What a bummer for his family and friends. I never got the chance to meet him, although I felt I did from his posts. He really seemed like a friendly generous and talented bloke. We were down to play together at one of the Sasquatch jams, but he couldn't make the event. Such a shame.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2020
    That's awful, I'm gutted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Very sad news :-( His knowledge was of great help to everyone on here but it's his family who need the support at such a sad time. 

RIP Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    A sad day indeed.

RIP big fella.
  • :(
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    That's very sad news.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    @bigjon gets a well deserved write up on his local web/newspaper. (Sorry its a bit ad laden but the man is worthy of your patience imho).

The shock is wearing off, but the sadness remains.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 48!!! hells bells..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    ESBlonde said:
    @bigjon gets a well deserved write up on his local web/newspaper. (Sorry its a bit ad laden but the man is worthy of your patience imho).

The shock is wearing off, but the sadness remains.
    That’s lovely, thank you for posting that ESB.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited February 2020
    I will copy and post here Laras' latest post on Jons fb page for those wanting more news.

I hope Lara doesn't mind, I don't want to interfere.

Quote (with smilies and such removed because they wouldn't paste nicely):

So relieved to announce the details of Mr. K’s funeral:

TUESDAY 25th FEBRUARY @1pm St Andrew the Great Church, Cambridge. (Opposite Lloyds Bank/ next to Lion Yard.)

ALL ARE WELCOME.
    Friends, colleagues, guitar chums, school/uni friends/ex girlfs , neighbours, family & church family. J had a plethora of friends.

Wear what you feel comfortable in: black or colours fine. Scruffy or smart. Jonny wouldn’t mind!  It’s your hearts & love that count
    Anticipating service to last 1hr 15ish followed by refreshments in situ in the church. (Soz no alcohol*! 

It will be a Christian service which reflects J’s strong faith but will contain several eulogies & musical interludes. 

Cambridge driving/parking is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE atm as the entire City & beyond seems to be a building site!!  Please plan accordingly.
    Can thoroughly recommend public transport/taxi-sharing & leaving PLENTY of time  to get into the centre. (For those outside of Cambs it is twice as bad as u imagine atm!! )
    *NB PARK & RIDES often full!*

Family flowers only but will share a link to MIND charity from the Undertakers v soon.
    Coroner’s verdict still not available yet but we are ploughing on regardless.
    J would be totally in agreement with this.

Once again A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS SUPPORTING US THROUGH THIS!!!
    We are totally overwhelmed with love.
    Big hugs.
    Lara xxxxxx

*lots of pubs in walking distance!! Xx

P.S. laughing/crying during service TOTALLY permitted. Xxx

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    Thank you ES! The wife and I will be there. Are you going? 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Thank you ES! The wife and I will be there. Are you going? 

Not sure yet. Will hate it if I have to miss it though so it is my intention.
    It's nearly two months since we lost John. His wife has posted on his other fB page inviting guitarists to post something on the 8th April which would have been BJs 48th birthday.
    An anniversary of this one. Despite many sad events in the intervening months it's still something I feel deeply.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom