Suggestions for a 3/4 size acoustic guitar suitable for a young learner

What's Hot
As per the title really, what would be a good starter instrument for a child of 6 as an upgrade from a 3/4 Ashton nylon string guitar?

Assume budget end of the market, steel strung.

Would it be better to have them wrestle a full size scale length with a smaller body? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    A parlour guitar has the smallest body on a full scale guitar, If he is big enough to play it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    remember you can use a capo on a small full scale guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Yamaha JR 1. 21.25 scale length.

I don't really know much about it but at the budget end of the market you can't go far wrong with Yamaha. 
    are there some travel guitars with a short scale length?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Yamaha FG Jr. If you spend less than that you're (to an extent) probably not getting value for money. They're really good.

There's also a Freshman (can't remember the model number) I've seen for around £180 new which is very nice, and more Taylor-like.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Thanks for all the suggestions. It's tricky with kids as you never know how long they will keep up their interest in the instrument and as such, parents are reluctant to spend the extra ££'s for a better guitar in the early stages. 
    also: buy a used one is the best way to get a decent one cheap