SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS//FT Gibson Memphis Historic 2014 64 Reissue ES345 VOS [SOLD]

What's Hot
Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
edited February 2020 in Guitars £

I mentioned this was coming up for listing here last week in a forum comment and had lots of enquiries. 
I took it to my local tech to get it checked over and restrung, I was advised that I had completely underpriced this he is a full-time trader so I have to listen to his advice so I felt the simplest thing to do was to list it here in full and at a price between his higher and lower estimates and let people make offers or not. Seemingly these are making far more than my uneducated estimate. So I am sorry if I mislead anyone in earlier messages.

So here we have a 2014 64 Reissue ES345 VOS
I have owned this from new and sadly due to our partial move to Spain shortly after buying and the fact it won't fit in the overhead it has been home use only and has been serious underplayed over the last 5 years. 

It has no dings break etc other than whatever is part of the VOS.

I spent a long time trying to locate an ES335 around the South East and finally, this one jumped out and it is a great guitar the range of tones from the MHS pickups and Varitone is impressive and it does a great job, of classic ES Blues/Jazz and Rock tones. As much as I am tempted to keep I now really have to thin the herd.

The 64 neck has the rounded C profile and very comfortable neither fat nor skinny it also has the authentic nylon saddles which I think helps with that very era-specific tone. I swapped it with a spare metal saddle bridge and you can hear the tone change.

As much as cash is king I have received some interesting trade offers so as long as it's not pointy or metal orientated I am happy to look at trades. 

Had some pointers from more experienced sellers so now at £2650.00 ono

10reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments