SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Epiphone Black Beauty £220 or with case £250

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
edited February 2020 in Guitars £
Nice guitar and the closest Epi I’ve played to a Gibson (big but comfy neck) with a huge tone, and 3 pickups adds versatility if you want it but I’ve disconnected the middle - happy to switch it back for the buyer. Lovely feel and playability too, and fretboard has been ebonised by a previous owner so looks pretty classy. 
This is a 2007 Chinese model and comes with a hard case too. 
Open to trades but cash is preferred. 
Collection from Frome near Bath, but I can post if necessary. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
    Bump - price drop.
  • If you still have this on the 26th I’ll take it 
    Cheers man - if it’s still here it’s all yours!
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    sorry to hijack the thread but what did they use to ebonise the fretboard ? and does it not come off on your fingertips? good price by the way 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    mark123 said:
    sorry to hijack the thread but what did they use to ebonise the fretboard ? and does it not come off on your fingertips? good price by the way 
    Leather dye. I’ve done it myself before on an Epi SG Custom. Doesn’t come off on your fingertips at all!
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    jdbwales said:
    mark123 said:
    Leather dye. I’ve done it myself before on an Epi SG Custom. Doesn’t come off on your fingertips at all!
    cheers, any preffered brand ? and how do you apply? rub straight off ? or leave on for a few hrs ? do you lemon oil after? sorry for all the questions! =)
    mark123 said:
    jdbwales said:
    mark123 said:
    cheers, any preffered brand ? and how do you apply? rub straight off ? or leave on for a few hrs ? do you lemon oil after? sorry for all the questions! =)
    The one I used was Fiebings, you can grab it off eBay. You have to scrape the fretboard with a Stanley blade first to get off all the plastic coating gunk on Epis, then clean the board,  then I applied the Fiebings with a cotton bud. Weirdly it helps to have a pencil eraser to hand in case any gets on inlays/binding, rubs right off! 
    Wipe off the excess, repeat the process, then stick lemon oil over the top. Works surprisingly well and looks way better!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom