SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Ashbory Bass + spares + custom upright stand

KingSubKingSub Frets: 42
edited February 2020 in Basses £
For sale a cool little Fender Ashbory bass.

Silicon rubber strings, fretless neck, sounds very like an upright acoustic bass.

This is in excellent condition, though is used so has a few minor marks.

Restrung with Aquila Thundergut strings (they last longer, and you don't need to use talc as much).
Comes with gig bag, original strings, 3 spare G strings, and talc bag.

Also comes with a custom made (by myself) stand so it can be played like an upright bass. This screws onto any standard mic stand.

I bought this from Manson's guitars in Exeter about 10 years ago. Used it on a few recordings, but it really doesn't get played enough to justify keeping it.

I'm after £220 including postage.

Cool story, as told to me at the time of purchase.....

This actual bass a tenuous link to John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.

He is known for his custom Manson basses and Mandolins, etc. and apparently had asked Mansons that if they ever bought in an  Ashbory as px to put it on his account.

This did, so they did, but when they called him he'd coincidentally bought one a few days earlier. So they took it off his account and put it out for sale.

This may be true, or total BS. You make up your own mind!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments