Is there such thing as...

What's Hot
MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
... a digital bass preamp/DI amp sim that works in more of a set-and-forget fashion than something like a multi-FX? Perhaps something like a POD but more up-to-date in terms of models and IRs?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Radial Tonebone Bassbone, Tech21 GED2112 rack and YYZ pedal.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited February 2020
    Radial Tonebone Bassbone, Tech21 GED2112 rack and YYZ pedal.
    Thanks for the suggestions; bassbone isn't digital modelling at all from what I can see and so wouldn't do anything that I'm after at all, and I've seen some of the crazy rack stuff, but looking for much smaller, more portable options. (edit; and also isn't digital/IR based).

Context; I'm somewhat envious of our guitarist's HX Stomp, but it'd be hugely overkill for me as I want something that can be dialled in and then left on top of an amp or well out of the way; no pedal stomping or tone changing needed during the set at all.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The Helix models are the best bass models I’ve used in a multi amp sim.

The only thing I’ve tried that’s better is a proper DI Preamp Pedal with a valve in it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Helix models are the best bass models I’ve used in a multi amp sim.

The only thing I’ve tried that’s better is a proper DI Preamp Pedal with a valve in it...
    I've heard this too. All I need them to do now is to make a version of the HX Stomp with no footswitches (or maybe 1), a DI output and the same amp models in it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The Helix models are the best bass models I’ve used in a multi amp sim.

I've heard this too. All I need them to do now is to make a version of the HX Stomp with no footswitches (or maybe 1), a DI output and the same amp models in it.
    I do agree that a Helix DI Pedal for bass would be awesome. Doubt the market is big enough tho. Which is a shame - because it really is good for bass. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24268
    Just get the Stomp.

It's smaller than the incoming POD Go.